Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  2:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Diane Rathje (Countrypotter, #1641) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"I completed a sampler of all the embroidery stitches in a foldover cloth case with pocket containing copies of how stitches are made. I also made a clothes pin bag with embroidery on front section.

The items turned out great. I plan on giving the sampler to one of my grandchildren so she can also learn the different stitches."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  3:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Diane Rathje (Countrypotter, #1641) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge.

"I knitted a shawl.

I made the width slightly larger than a scarf to wear more around my shoulders. Have it draped over the rocking chair for easy access. Thanks for the incentive to tackle a knew skill."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  3:28:59 PM  Show Profile
Jackie Thurston (BalancingAct, #2851) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge.

"Currently owning (or what I prefer to call custodian-ing) 2 horses myself, I figured this would appropriately be the first merit badge to earn. I have been driving around my neighboring country roads (also noticing the "newcomers") and going to friends homes who own horses, thereby refreshing myself on the different breeds, their conformation, and their color. My friends all own different breeds; i.e. Tennessee Walkers, Morgans, Arabians, Appaloosas, Quarter Horses, Thoroughbreds, and Icelandics.

It was fun and refreshing going to my friends homes/barns to reacquaint myself with these wonderful beings. Plus, it gave my friends and me time to "catch up" after a loooonnng winter!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  3:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Justine Thompson (JThomp, #2904) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made my apron from a Butterick (B5302) pattern. I had the blue and white bubble material, but bought the waist and hem band Espresso material.

I didn't follow the pattern exactly. I had to split the time up over two days and putting it together took all evening, but I love how it turned out. I love wearing my new apron!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  4:04:50 PM  Show Profile
Diana Vermillion (momofsome, #2454) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I watched the video on your website. Then I gathered the supplies and put it together.

It looks so cute and full of my grandmothers old supplies. Nice smile maker!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  4:08:56 PM  Show Profile
Diana Vermillion (momofsome, #2454) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Sew Wonderful badge.

"Watched your online video, which was an excellent refresher course. Then I mastered the seams.

Was an easy task as I used to make all of my clothes back in the day."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  4:13:49 PM  Show Profile
Diana Vermillion (momofsome, #2454) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Get It Together badge.

"I shopped for all missing items needed in my kitchen, and donated two bags of extras to St. Vincent De Paul charity.

Great! I have everything I want and nothing I don't need!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  4:18:35 PM  Show Profile
Diana Vermillion (momofsome, #2454) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Get It Together badge.

"Went to my fathers for a lesson in knife sharpening.

Came home and sharpened all my knives and got to see my DAD."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  4:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Diana Vermillion (momofsome, #2454) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"Turned off everything and spent the weekend chatting with a friend.

It was wonderful knowing the phone wouldn't ring. I could give up the computer but how would I get my badges?"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  4:36:32 PM  Show Profile
Diana Vermillion (momofsome, #2454) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Buttoned Up badge.

"Made a button ring and matching pin.

Looked cute together! The ring was complimented on often!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  4:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Diana Vermillion (momofsome, #2454) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"Made an easy apron from a simple dish cloth pattern.

Very easy and a possible Christmas gift."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  1:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Pilar Stevens, (retasos2, #2498) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Know Your Food badge.

"I began sprouting, using a large canning jar and following directions in the book and other internet resources.

The family really liked the sprouts and actually ate the first batch in one day. I'm looking into making a larger one."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  1:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Pilar Stevens, (retasos2, #2498) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"Cleaned out both the junk and tupperware drawers and either recycled or threw out what did not have a partner. Got a plastic box to sort all the lids in one place.

Family can find the lids with no problem and because there are no more mystery containers, they can find the bottoms too."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  1:36:26 PM  Show Profile
Pilar Stevens, (retasos2, #2498) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"Made a total of 6 half aprons. One for a swap and the others as gifts and because I just could not stop.

The half apron was easy to make using a pattern called "cloth-pin." My swap partner liked it too."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  1:41:32 PM  Show Profile
Pilar Stevens, (retasos2, #2498) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"Made a crochet blanket with a shell stitch using pink camo yarn for my daughter.

She liked it! It is her favorite color and she snuggles with it while reading."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  1:56:58 PM  Show Profile
Tracy Gilchrist, (Camismommy, #2883) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I had some nice canvas bags that I usually use for shopping at the grocery store but I have added 4-5 more that I now use when I go to clothing and other stores, not just for groceries! I keep them right in the trunk of my car so they are always available.

I found that some stores look at me funny when I use the bags in clothing stores but once we talk a little about it, they are very receptive!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  2:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Tracy Gilchrist, (Camismommy, #2883) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"My research for cleaner products came right from our own forums! I made the all purpose orange vinegar cleaner and the lavender infused vinegar for fabric softener. I made a few of each and placed them all over the house for easy accessibility!

I made labels for them and utilized old spray bottles and jars. I plan on making many and giving as gifts!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:15:31 AM  Show Profile
Bea Campbell, (quiltingbea, #2575) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"I watched the trailer about vanishing bees and found it very interesting.
I watched Secret Life Of The Bees on video but have not read the book. So I went to our local libary and checked it out. I get an hour lunch at work, so I have been reading while on lunch. I enjoyed the book so much, I had a hard time putting it down.
Every year I plant zinnias in my yard and the bees and butterflies are always all over them. This year I'm going to plant lavender.

I've seen a few bees here and there but I'm sure once it warms up more and the flowers are in full bloom I'll see more. I'm so excited, can't wait."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Sherry Buck, (sweettea59, #2215) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have collected over 12 bags and use them regularly at the grocery store, department stores and book stores. I have my 21 year old using them too. We even make our own.

Great!! Using them all the time. Really like to use them when the store gives you credit for bringing them in and using them."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:27:27 AM  Show Profile
Sherry Buck, (sweettea59, #2215) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"In November of 2010 I made a baby quilt for my to be new grand-baby. Gave it to my daughter and husband for a Christmas gift for the baby.

Everyone who saw it loved it. Small project, it did not take very long and my daughter loved it. They are using it now everyday with Shelby."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Susan Parnell, (sparnell, #2487) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Forage for Food badge.

"We talked to the Harris county Extension Office and the park supervisor at a local nature park to identify native edible plants. We tasted palmetto shoots and fiddle heads off of a briar.

It was fun to spend time with the girls. I can't say any of the plants were tasty but the berries will be in season within the month and we will forage again."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:39:37 AM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong, (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an expert level Let's Get Physical badge.

"As stated in both previous applications, my “Move It or Lose It” commitment to physical fitness and health has been and will continue to be lifelong.

My goals for STRENGTH TRAINING continue to grow and I continue to include BIKING, and ELLIPTICAL machine (while at work) in my routine. Now that spring is here and summer is coming I’ve added HILL CLIMBING to my routine to prepare for the summer/fall hiking season. Hiking in the Colorado Rockies requires “lungs and legs”!!!

A 5K event is not a challenge for me. I “POWER WALK” 5-6 MILES per day, which equals several “5Ks” each week. My “POWER WALKS” include intervals of: short, fast strides; long, “pump-it” strides, sprints and jogging. I log distances and those distances do not include warm-up or cool down times.

I also have walked in several multi-day breast cancer events, the events alone meant walking a marathon distance in one day and ½ marathon distance the next day for the AVON events and walking 20+ miles/day for 3 consecutive days for the KOMEN event. My logs for training for these events show distances up to 22 miles/day. For these events I have also served as a Team Captain, Training Walk Leader and Mentor.

I have done a couple of community 5K fun runs this year but the challenge for me for 2011 has been SNOWSHOEING. I bought myself a nice pair of snowshoes, dug out a pair of ski poles and took off all around our place, down the canyon and around the hillsides, learning how to use them. Participated in a 5 mile “Snowshoe Trek” which was just for fun, but certainly a workout!!!

I plan to challenge myself further this summer with longer, more difficult "above timberline" hikes. And, this winter with more snowshoe treks."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Kristina Nelson, (FieldsofThyme, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Know Your Roots badge.

"My grandparents, on both sides and including my husband's side, are deceased. My husband's parents are also both deceased.

However, a year ago I created a journal in which my parents can remember their past and record it. I printed out journal prompts and cut them into strips, and placed them in a recycled coffee can. The journal was then started with a prompt about their birth. Each day they pull out a prompt and record their answer for us to read later. We have already learned a lot about my grandparents on both sides. I plan to do this with another aunt and uncle, and more family members."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  11:13:56 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie Hatton, (Farmerette of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge!

"I lived in a town with a horse stable near by and my sister and I visited a lot. I got the chance to see different breeds of horses and ponies. I even had a favorite one.

I gained knowledge about how horses act and how they differ from one another."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  11:19:19 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie Hatton, (Farmerette of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge!

"I kept a gratitude journal for a month.

It made me more thankful."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page