Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Mona and the Mystery Chicken
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Mona and the Mystery Chicken Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  3:19:54 PM  Show Profile
There are new pics of Mona from today on my blog and a couple of my mystery chicken too. link is below if you want to check them out.
It is such a pretty day I am going back outside..just wanted to share!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Apr 27 2007 3:20:29 PM

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  4:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Aunt Jenny,
Mona is getting big. I was wondering if she was getting close. Patsy is HUGE. She is due July 1st. If it ever stops raining here I will try and take a pic of her huge belly.I hope you keep us posted on Mona's progress. Atleast it will be warm and we won't have to worry about the calves freezing.
That rooster kinda looks like a buff brahma. They have a rosecomb. But maybe he has some other breed in him too.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4274 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4274 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  7:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow what a rooster! Mona looks good, and I also love love love your back porch. So cute. Michele
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  7:33:29 PM  Show Profile
LOL...Jenny, we have one with the same (weird) crown. Hubby calls him King George because he has what we call a double crown...
Mona looks GREAT...when is she due?
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  03:27:14 AM  Show Profile
His comb looks like Henry's, my silkie rooster. His body shape and tail feathers are the right shape for a silkie. If he's larger than a silkie I'd say the Sultan is his father.

Robin
www.outdoorwriter.wordpress.com
www.thymeforewe.com

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  09:12:59 AM  Show Profile
Jenny - the title of this thread sounds like a "Nancy Drew" book!!!!! Hilarious!!! I have NO idea about your little chickie-guy, but he sure is interesting looking. And Mona? She's just a gorgeous expectant farmcow - I'm still sending "heifer calf vibes" her way!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  09:22:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh me too, Libbie..I can hardly wait!! She is so much calmer this year..probably because I am not waking her up and interupting her 84,000 times a day like last year..so so so much better to have a due date. I am not even a wreck yet...a couple more weeks for that....but hopefully we get a heifer calf for ya!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  09:27:09 AM  Show Profile
I'll bet you're BOTH calmer this year - I know that I was a much more calm expectant mother the second time around - I'm sure that's how she feels, too. And, now that you know that she's "experienced," so to speak, you can relax a bit as well... I just have this vision of a gorgeous little doe-eyed girl...

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  12:48:58 PM  Show Profile
About that ROOSTER, if thats what it really is. My guess is its a cross between a long haired cat, a rooster and a can of red paint.
Good luck with the Doctor thing. I always feel fine until I go, then they tell me how sick I might be.
Mona is looking good, maybe this time around you won't have to sleep in the barn for two months.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  1:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, your rooster is a hoot! And, Mona is so beautiful. I'm glad you're both more relaxed this time. I love your patio, WOW! Great job.
XO,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  2:06:19 PM  Show Profile
Jenny
I love you pics especially the twig one. Are those bean growing up?
I too was having knee problem & the dr. said I needed a replacement, but he also gave me a list of suppliments to take instead of anti-inflammatory's. (pain so bad I could sleep) I tweaked and added to his list & now I have no pain and very little swelling.
I'm writting about it in our next newsletter, drop me an email & I'll send it to you or go to our website for the newsletter. It will be out by mid-week.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  6:13:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kristine...I will love the advice. I have been taking Glucosamine Condroitsomething with MSM and that has helped some, but would sure like to do more ..mine is bad enough to not be able to sleep sometimes too. Some days not so bad. I will watch for your newsletter for sure!
Nancy Jo..loved your description of my rooster..perfect!!
Oh.Kristine..that is morning glories growing up the old willow headboard I use for a fence now around the patio.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  7:59:35 PM  Show Profile
I've only had morning glories that were wild & we had to keep pulled out. So I've been afaid to plant any for fear they would go wild:O
So I plant sweet peas or my fav scarlet runner beans. They will grow up 12-15 feet.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  8:21:20 PM  Show Profile
He's the Don King of the chicken world........
Verrrrrrrry interesting.
Amanda

theheadlettuce.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  9:39:01 PM  Show Profile
I am sure hoping to have luck with sweet peas this year. They are my favorite flower..but not one I have had luck growing since we moved here nearly 5 years ago. Scarlet runner beans will be planted soon for sure. I LOVE them!! I got two boysenberry plants to put on the other side of the patio to hopefully grow up it too.. I want a shady little cave of green by August this year!! I got one little concord grape vine too...you never know...dosn't hurt to try!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  10:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh - Amanda!!! TOO FUNNY!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Mona and the Mystery Chicken Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page