Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Tablecloth or napkins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tablecloth or napkins Next Topic  

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  3:08:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,

I made a quick stop at the thrift store and came upon a brand new white tablecloth that had never been opened. The package said it was 51 x 70 Oblong. I thought it would be great at $4.25. However, when I opened it up, it is actually a 51 x 70 retangle tablecloth. It looks like linen with a lace stripe design but is actually 100% Polyester.

Should I just use it for a tablecloth anyway or cut it up into napkins? If napkins, how big should they measure? Would Polyester work for nakins?

Thanks, Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  3:23:00 PM  Show Profile
I think I would use it for a tablecloth..at that price even for camping or outdoor parties it would be good. Should wash up well too. I never use polyester for napkins..not very absorbent. I need absorbent with my crew.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  9:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I would have to agree with Jenny, polyester napkins don't serve us very well at our house.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  10:57:43 PM  Show Profile
I bought a poly/coton tablecloth @ a discount store, laundered it & then using stencil type sponges (like ones you can buy @ the craft stores for under $2) I sponge/stenciled it with a rose design using fabric paints.
I keep it @ my work/office for b-day parties.
So you can have fun decorating it if you don't need a plain old white cloth.
If you have children you could put their handprints all over the cloth for a fun spin on a decrative tablecloth.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tablecloth or napkins Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page