Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Matted eyes Next Topic  

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  06:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
My eyes have been kind of matted since last friday. I usually get this with allergies but I'm not sure this is that. Anyone have any good natural or herbal cures????

Blessings....
Sarah

"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!!!!

http://mustangsuzie.wordpress.com

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  09:50:22 AM  Show Profile
My mother calls this "getting a cold" in your eyes. We always just use tea bags as warm compresses. Make sure you squeeze the tea bag to get the tea to drip into your eye. Just use regular tea, like you would if you are making ice tea.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4214 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4214 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  3:41:03 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if this would work or not, but it does work on babies. My grandma said you take a little warm milk, on a cotton ball or whatever you have, and clean off the eye crud. It worked great on my son. I have not done this on myself, or anyone, but hey what could it hurt to try. Michele
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  03:40:50 AM  Show Profile
I think there's an herb called eyebright can be used like the tea bag remedy I think
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  10:42:03 AM  Show Profile
My mom always just used a clean warm wet wash cloth and would clean the eye area, a few times a day. Worked fine, and eventually would clear up.
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  6:40:05 PM  Show Profile
I also have this problem due to allergies. My othamologist has me massage the tear ducts. After washing hands, I use a hot compress over the area and then massage the ducts between my thumb and first finger using olive oil or Cetaphil (something that doesn't sting) and this helps get the crud that is accumulating in the ducts themselves. You need to be gentle when you do this or you may actually bruise the inner corner of the eye, but it really does help.

Jana
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Matted eyes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page