Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2024 :  12:38:59 PM  Show Profile
I am going through my whole house and decluttering. I just have too much stuff! Some of the things I will be offering for barter, so be on the lookout! My things seem to have multiplied like rabbits! They just have to find good homes where they can be enjoyed and used! Unfortunately, some of the stuff is just junk. Some is hard to part with, but I know that I will never get around to using it! I have been able to break the stuff down into categories that are making things easier: Trash, Recycle, Donate, Barter. I hope to post some barter things soon. My Husband said that he will help me with photos. Woo Hoo! Clean house, here we come!

Nancy 8352

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6951 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6951 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2024 :  4:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Great work Nancy! Getting rid of clutter in the house feels amazing. I went through my clothes a couple months ago and it felt nice to get rid of all the shirts I never wear anymore. It's also a bonus to have your husband helping you out. Good luck with all your work.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2024 :  03:43:02 AM  Show Profile
It is a lot of work, but you will feel great when your making progress. A team effort is great.

Farming in WI

Michele

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2024 :  6:46:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Ladies! I have started to look at my cleaning as self care, and it is making a difference in how I view the work. I am enjoying it! and. . .I am loving the outcomes!
Having my husband help me is a BIG bonus. He says that at least half of the mess is his! He's very supportive and always right there to help and encourage! He also enjoys
the cleaner house and the things that we are accomplishing!

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1550 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1550 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2024 :  7:39:25 PM  Show Profile
It’s so much easier to keep things clean and organized when we have less stuff. Great job, Nancy! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13626 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13626 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2024 :  1:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It is challenging, that's for sure. I've been getting rid of stuff gradually over the past few years, most of which goes to local thrift stores.

I just wish my hubby would get the "declutter" bug . . . his will be a much great challenge than mine has been.

Hang in there!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up:  Decluttering Chaos Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page