1576 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1576 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2024 :  7:32:00 PM  Show Profile
Continuing to pray, Mel. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2024 :  4:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Melody, it is good to hear from you and I am sorry to hear that July has been so rough. Keeping you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers for the days ahead. Thanks for stopping by and giving us an update.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9382 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9382 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2024 :  05:30:16 AM  Show Profile
Mel still praying as you and your husband continue on this journey.

~Denise
Sister #43~

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2024 :  12:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Prayers continue, Mel! Sending lot of virtual hugs and love too!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2024 :  8:11:14 PM  Show Profile
It seems the closer we get to the 8th chemo session with CT to follow the more anxious I become--The CT will reveal if the tumor has shrunk enough to do surgery to remove the tumor. He just completed his 6th round with very limited side effects-mostly cold sensitivity in his hands and he is very fatigued-one bright spot he has put on a few pounds and his appetite is still very good. His hair is definitely getting thinner and he misses being back at the office. Our summer here in the great north woods seems to be winding up and I have noticed a tinge of color already-I am dreading winter-it's always difficult here. I want to say thank you ladies for all of the encouragement we have received-and all of the prayers. We appreciate it very, very much. I will continue to post updates-Take care. Love, Mel
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2024 :  9:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Melody -- Thank you for the update. Healthy appetite and gaining weight are good signs. Continuing to send good thoughts for both of you.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2024 :  3:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Melody, thank-you for your tastes update. I am glad that chemo is almost finished. Will be keeping you both in my prayers that the medicine has done its work and surgery can be the next step. Gosh, hint of early fall sounds wonderful to me down here in Florida where we are trying to move past the wreckage of Hurricane Debby left as it blew through Sunday night. Enjoy those little hints of fall as they can be so beautiful and uplifting. Take care and Thanks for stopping by here!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2024 :  9:13:31 PM  Show Profile

Chemo session #7 - one more to go then CT scan to see if that sucker has shrunk. I get a pit in my stomach just thinking about it. Had a bit of an incident this morning with his fanny pack of chemo and his port--went to go for a drive with our Hildegard an 80 plus pound shelter mutt-just happened to jump up and pull his port line right out of his port-now we have toxic chemo fluids-daughter raced him to the cancer center-thank goodness it was a weekday and had them re-attach the line and check to see if the port was still where it should be---Good grief always some drama going on here at the house and he was feeling so GOOD this morning being chemo week and all. Came home in tip top shape-port and port line secured. Anyway...just wanted to give my girls an update.

One more thing!! Thank you DEBBIE for the lovely card and thoughts-you sure know how to bring a smile to this farmgirls face....Love, Mel
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1194 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1194 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2024 :  02:58:00 AM  Show Profile
Melody thank you for the update, I bet that port mishap was so scary. Prayers that the CT scan shows much improvement. Take care.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Farmgirl of the Month: Aug/2022

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6632 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6632 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2024 :  08:25:48 AM  Show Profile
So happy everything turned out alright Mel I know it was so worrisome for all of you. Happy things are better and back on track.
Happy you like the card too Mel. Thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2024 :  6:23:23 PM  Show Profile
Melody -- He looks like he is keeping a good attitude. Hildegard (that was the name of our cow) might want to stay home next time. My sister had a similar episode with a blood transfusion that left the room looking like an ax murder had taken place. Keeping you and your husband in my thoughts.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21 6/24
I'm old and I wear purple
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Here's to Your Health:  Pancreatic Cancer 3RD Opinion-UPDATE Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page