melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - May 02 2023 :  3:30:35 PM  Show Profile
GROAN---Just north of us up in Marquette, Mi residents received over 19-inches of snow as of Monday-It's been cold, snowy, rainy, windy and very gray for days. I suffer from seasonal affective order and its been an especially trying winter for me. We have miniscule lilac buds on the south side of the house and there is a sweet forsythia shrub across the street open with bright yellow flowers which I find very comforting. I park myself in our front room also facing south and try to grab some sliver of sun breaking thru all the gray-Anyone else experiencing an especially difficult transition from winter into spring?

Melody

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1576 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1576 Posts

Posted - May 02 2023 :  7:08:52 PM  Show Profile
I’m sorry, Melody. I would certainly not be happy with snow in my neck of the woods. Keep searching for the sunshine… Hugs to you. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - May 03 2023 :  05:19:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh Melody I'm so sorry the snow and winter just won't give up for you! Hang in there and start dreaming about your gardens and how lovely the flowers will be when they get to open. Maybe try looking at ideas for planting containers and such online. Every bit of color is a huge help on those long gray days. I do find taking a vitamin D supplement has been a very big help for my seasonal depression and being from the Midwest we are always in short supply of it for our bodies. No matter how much vitamin D enriched foods we eat we just don't get enough exposure year round to the sun.

Hang in there, spring is truly on it's way for you!
Dawn in IL

First you dream
Then you do
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2261 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2261 Posts

Posted - May 03 2023 :  09:49:43 AM  Show Profile
I notice my emotions are a bit down from February to April. I do my best to keep busy with work, pets, and crafts.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - May 03 2023 :  10:16:28 AM  Show Profile
Melody, I am sorry that stubborn Old Man Winter won't pack up and go home! I am way down here in Florida where we have very long, hot and humid summers which are the opposite of what you are having. Without living where you do, I understand the longing for better weather because instead of snow we get hurricanes in August and September. Hopefully, you will see some real changes soon and can get outside and soak up some warm sunshine.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

7032 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
7032 Posts

Posted - May 03 2023 :  7:05:00 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry Melody. It has really been a long winter for us as well. We have only had 2 weeks now of spring weather, so I totally understand your frustration. I really hope your spring can finally arrive and make things better for you.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - May 03 2023 :  9:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much ladies! Big smile on my face here...

Melody
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - May 04 2023 :  03:27:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes, it seems it has been cold and rainy here a lot. I wS hoping April would take it's showers with it. I too take a vitamin d supplement. It definitely helps with these seasons of gray skies. I've had to ever since we moved to the Midwest 2 yrs ago.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6995 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6995 Posts

Posted - May 04 2023 :  05:47:46 AM  Show Profile
I feel for all of you who are still dealing with the cold and snow. Hope spring shows up soon for you. It's getting warmer here in north central Texas but we are still having a lot of dark cloudly days. Most of my plants seem to be at a standstill waiting on more sunny days. The sun needs to get shining because my garlic should be ready to harvest in June.

Hugs, Sara "FarmGirl Sister" #6034 Aug 2014
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Will Winter Ever End? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page