Page: of 2

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  09:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
i wish i did cook like my momma... she passed almost 14 years ago and i always hear the same thing when i run into someone that knew her... "your mother was the best cook!!!" and i agree!!! my mom was raised a true farmgirl, but couldn't get out of the country fast enough when she graduated high school... it is true that you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl! she rocked in the kitchen!! always had rice with country ham, mashed potatoes with fried chicken or country fried steak, cole slaw with chili or barbecue... lots of momma-isms that i continue in my own way. i am mostly vegetarian so there are lots of differences. what is the same though is that my mom loved to entertain and she loved to feed her family and friends, and that is what i got from her. she was also a master at preserving foods... and i'm trying that for the first time this year! we are having a large garden for the first time and i'm planning on canning and freezing all that i can for the colder months. i'm very excited and hope that mom is right there in the kitchen with me...

Alison
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic My Momma used to make ... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page