Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Now I am thinking about next year already!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Now I am thinking about next year already! Next Topic
Page: of 3

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

767 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
767 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2023 :  5:20:31 PM  Show Profile
Karen, those are thought provoking questions!!! I have been doing a lot of thinking and trying to answer them. I almost think the back story to this UFO (it's a red quilt) is more of a good memory than the quilt itself. I asked my husband's opinion and he thought it was really pretty and had a lot of hours of work into it and I should just finish it. It's also one of those things that I think my kids will look at some day and ask what in the world was their mother thinking???? hahahaha!!! I almost got rid of it one day and it actually felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders...but convinced myself not to be hasty. The right answer will come to me!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1542 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2023 :  6:56:53 PM  Show Profile
The answer will definitely come to you eventually, Debbie. And whatever it is, may it bring you lots of freedom and happiness! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

767 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
767 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2023 :  7:53:55 PM  Show Profile
Thank you!!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4178 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4178 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2023 :  03:27:14 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I was going to give myself a day. A day to not to work all day. A day to play. Did not work out well. I floated from one thing to the next, not interested in anything. I did sew a 10 minute table runner. Still need to top stitch it. I could not figure out how to make my old pfaff do the decorative stiches. I pulled out 9 quilt squares trying to figure out what to do with them. Someone had given them to my aunt, who passed them along to me. There is extra material and a bigger piece I would guess they were going to use as backing. So I might try to make a few more squares, all of which are different or maybe just add strips between what was made. My ma had done a sampler quilt and maybe she has a pattern yet I could use. Will do more research I guess. Good luck to all on earning their PHD.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

767 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
767 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2023 :  09:06:47 AM  Show Profile
This PhD degree is a process:)

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2023 :  7:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sure is a process.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Now I am thinking about next year already! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page