windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4235 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4235 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2022 :  03:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Been a busy fall here in Wi. Still dry and rain moving in later this week. Got the wood pile almost done for us and my ma and dad. Plowing and disking is done, for spring planting. Garden is tilled and looks nice and clean. All the canning is done. Chickens harvested and canned too. Checked on the bees yesterday. They are looking good and capping the syrup I have been feeding. Hoping they make it through the winter again. Will be selling some calves and cows on Tuesday. Making a little less work for winter. Enjoying life and thankful for all we have.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

7008 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
7008 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2022 :  05:47:35 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, in a few words you painted a beautiful picture of your life. Loved reading all about what you have been doing on your farm. Now to relax a bit and pick up your knitting or quilting.

Hugs, Sara "FarmGirl Sister" #6034 Aug 2014
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2022 :  08:01:01 AM  Show Profile
I would say that's a lot of work. But always a good feeling when its under control and
the house warm. I grew up on a farm so this makes me remember how things were. Nothing
like a good wood pile and lots of canned food.
NANCY JO

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2022 :  08:17:29 AM  Show Profile
Michele, I think Sara made a great point. For me, way down here in the swampy Florida, your farm life is very different and interesting for me to read about. You gave us a lovely picture of how you wrap up the bounty of the Summer and prepare for the long cold Winter. It is inspiring to someone like me who has never really been a Farmgirl or lived in a northern state. I enjoyed your wrap up very much!!

It is good to know that you have tucked in the farm for a long winter's night. Now for all those indoor hobbies you enjoy can be once more brought out. Enjoy all your plans for indoors and all that food you raised and canned!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

7055 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
7055 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2022 :  12:07:52 PM  Show Profile
Michele, I agree with the others. All your hard work sounds amazing. It’s my dream to have more land so I can do the same as you. Enjoy your winter break. You deserve it.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2692 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2692 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2022 :  12:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Michele, sounds like you truly have so much to be grateful for. Loved hearing about your life in your little corner of the world.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1581 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1581 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2022 :  5:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Michele, I am in awe of all you have accomplished. It’s so fun to learn about a “farming” life. Enjoy your indoor time. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4235 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4235 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2022 :  02:53:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone, I need to add some pictures too! Been having beautiful fall weather, and it keeps you working outside. summer is all about getting ready for winter, basicly. After hauling stock to auction, my husband washed out the trailer, and I checked fence, finished moving hay bales around and we worked on adding to the wood pile. I had taken the day off of work. So today he will get feed ground and I go back to work.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2022 :  06:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Michele I have to smile when you say you are going back to "work" at the HVAC office you manage. My dear farmgirl you are always working, at the farm & the office! I sincerely hope you two can sit back and relax a wee bit to enjoy the gorgeous views your farm and entire have. Enjoy the beautiful weather for as long as it lasts!

Dawn in IL

“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” Anne of Green Gables
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic life down on the farm Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page