Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How many are scrap booking and journaling?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How many are scrap booking and journaling? Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  09:11:55 AM  Show Profile

I was wondering how many are doing scrap booking and journaling?
I was cutting up a lot of things this morning for my
collection. Where do you get your scrap book and journaling
papers?
Nancy JO

NANCY JO

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4389 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4389 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  09:18:19 AM  Show Profile
I love Journaling Nancy Jo! I'll pick up all kinds of stuff from thrift stores and vintage shops WHEN I'm out and about OR through some of the groups I'm in, there are people trading or selling digital papes. I love those too.....when my ink hasn't run out. :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  09:29:23 AM  Show Profile
I've been collecting "junk" for years and my stash is sinful. So I seldom have to buy anything these days unless it's something specific that I need for a project. I just look at the stuff I have and let my muse guide me.
As for journaling, Barbie (Rubberfish) and Dianna (Suny58) and I decided to do a little private round robin and it has been loads of fun. We each made a journal for ourselves leaving plenty of room for the other two to play in it. Then we have exchanged our JJs so the others could do a few "guest pages" in them. We'll be posting photos I'm sure soon.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

"When life gives you junk, make a junk journal."
. . . .jean pici
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2314 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2314 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  10:13:11 AM  Show Profile
A friend and I have been getting together once a month for our journals. I got papers here and there -- some from Joann's and Hobby Lobby, some from mail and magazines, and a lot mostly from a lifelong collection of cards received that would be tossed when I pass and will last longer in a journal. I have some saved from online that I would like to print when I figure out my lazy new printer.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  10:20:23 AM  Show Profile
My sister sold Stampin Up products, so I have a large collection of decorative paper and some ribbons and trims. Then I always pick up what I can when thrifting. Just started the last few months cutting from magazines.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4389 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4389 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  10:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes Wanda! Stampin up!! Fun stuff and I LOVE saving bits and pieces from my MJ magazines!!;) love, love MJ magazines!!

Jean, the round Robin with you and Barbie is eye opening (inspiring) and so fun! We are each so unique and different, earthy, hilarious and giggling bold! I love it!

Judith, what do you mean "lazy printer"?? It doesn't want to print? Giggle.....

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2692 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2692 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  12:08:00 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Nancy Jo, I love to journal and scrapbook and my collection of journals is like's jeans epherema stash, sinful! BUT, the beauty of every journal I have just makes my heart melt, I have several filled and several yet to fill. AND, I still make more, and buy more. I use what ever I have on hand and always love hobby lobby and ** especially ** thrift shops for old papers of any kind. I coffee stain allot of my own paper and honestly find that process soooo therapuetic and relaxing, I bake them in the oven to dry them. In my opinion, a girl can never have too many paper goods! ooooh la la!! xo

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4389 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4389 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  12:16:22 PM  Show Profile
And it smells so good too doesn't April? I live the lines and the crispness of the papers after they dry!! My husband thought I was a looney tune for baking papers but when he saw the results of my plant dying papers he was impressed and left me alone to do my thang! Lol!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna

Edited by - suny58 on Sep 08 2022 12:17:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  12:40:13 PM  Show Profile
I love CRINKLY and CHUNKY!!!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  2:48:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow!!! So nice to see that I'm not alone here . Love cutting out pictures. I have
places for the bigger pictures, the med. size pictures and the little ones.
Its very calming to work on these. I worry about Richard and this keeps my mind
busy, or what left of it. Love seeing all the pictures you all put on here.
I cut up three magazines today, lots of nice fall pictures.
Had goulash for dinner, took all that for left to a neighbor who doesn't cook.
Guess I'll go now and watch the news about the passing of the Queen.
NANCY JO

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6647 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6647 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2022 :  7:04:32 PM  Show Profile
I have really just started since the Junk Journal Swap when I made Wanda Sue. Now I have been keeping a Journal since my husband when I to the Military in 1975 and I still keep one to this day. But, sadly I have always bought one. Once my journal I am using now is full I will make my next one. I do scrapbooking as well so I have lots of fabulous Ephemera. It is just so fun and relaxing.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9385 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9385 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2022 :  07:17:34 AM  Show Profile
I did scrapbooking for years and I picked up a scrapbook with newspaper clippings and such and have I added to it. It tells some history of things that happened and is quite interesting. I have two junk journals farmgirls made for me. I have two I am working on as gifts and one I am making for myself. I always kept a journal. Since we moved I stopped but once in awhile I will do it. I am hoping that once I get mine made I will start journaling more.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How many are scrap booking and journaling? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page