Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Efficiency Thy Name is Motherhood
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Efficiency Thy Name is Motherhood Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  9:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay since becoming a mom I have had to become a lot more efficient about getting stuff done around the house. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I have a timer running whenever Nora is asleep! If there is a chore that _has_ to get done, I run through it as fast as possible to make sure it gets done.

I can only imagine that this will only continue to be the case as she gets older and more active.

Alee

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  04:59:10 AM  Show Profile
All I can say Alee, is that you learn to let a lot of things go! The amazing thing is you find out they weren't so important in the first place!
It sounds like you are taking everything in and enjoying every bit of it! And at least thinking it all through! Good for you and blessings!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  06:21:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee - you said it! And - yes - you do let things go. I've found that I've had to really relax my need to have a sparkling home. Nowdays, it has to be good enough - clean enough for company always, but never perfect. To tell you the truth, it's a lesson I should have learned years ago!

I'm so happy for you and little Nora, Alee - I'm glad that you know that some stuff really can wait - it took me a longer time to realize that... but Nora can't!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes

Edited by - Libbie on Apr 24 2007 07:28:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  8:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Libbie-

I got some great advice from my mom, and sometimes it is so hard to put Nora down I think I would have given up on housework anyway! Some things I can't stand to have be dirty- like my kitchen and bathroom though! However, just saying I can't stand it doesn't always mean they are always perfect! Sometimes I sit here nursing her, looking at my kitchen thinking "if only I could hire a maid..." ;)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  11:09:18 PM  Show Profile
Alee, enjoy the moments...they pass too quickly. There is NOTHING more important than a baby, except it's father.
Enjoy the excuse for not having it as clean...if a maid were there.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Efficiency Thy Name is Motherhood Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page