Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Best day I have had in SO long!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Best day I have had in SO long!!! Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  10:02:38 PM  Show Profile
Okay...this was the best "girl get away day" in SO long...Kate (Katiedid) and I drove up to Provo and made a few stops and had a great lunch and lots of gabbing on the hour and 1/2 trip each way today...she is SO much fun!! It was great fun for us to get away without the kids or men too!! I will be telling more about our trip on my blog..it was just the nicest day. Put me in such a good mood!!!! I guess I really needed that!!! It is SO fun having her right here in town like this!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  12:31:58 AM  Show Profile
I think I want to come and live near you guys!! What a perfect day, so glad you had so much fun, you both deserved a day out and about, I read your blog too. I have to learn to knit socks. I have one pair that a friend made me and I love them, but I'am wearing them out.Hope to see pictures of Katie's new house soon, is Katie on line yet?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  04:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Girl get away day--is always the very BEST. I haven't done that in a lng tome. Glad you guys had such a grand time. You deserve it. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  05:36:59 AM  Show Profile
yeah Nancy Jo, me too.!!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  06:23:44 AM  Show Profile
I think that a day of gallivanting with your friend is the best! Sounds like a lot of fun!
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  07:11:38 AM  Show Profile
What a super day!
First off, great conversation and giggling on the drive up, then a stop at my favorite health food store The Good Earth. I got some GF foods, some yummy smelling essential oils for scenting my homemade laundry powder, some super yummy teas, supplements etc.
Then off to the yarn store, where I spend WAY too much money, but hey, how often does it come along? I got the Trekking XXL sock yarn, some merino, some really cute purple wool for Emme some longies...and the best was my Lantern Moon Sock Stix...Love them!

Lunch at Happy Sumo for cucumber and avacado rolls....yum
Jenny! I was thinking of those at midnight...wishing we HAD gotten some to go!

All in all, such a good day! I will figure out how to post pics...you have to see my new yarn....

Love and light to all
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  08:05:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jenny and Kate,
How wonderful!! I love girl's day out! They are so much fun and leave you refreshed and full of life again!! I am so thrilled you got to go out!! And thank you so much for sharing it with us!! It brought such a smile to my face!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  11:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It sounds like you ladies had tons of fun! I'll have to come knock on your doors if I ever get a chance to head down to Utah!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  9:04:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh be sure to do that Alee!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  07:46:48 AM  Show Profile
You lucky ducks you!!
Sounds like so much fun - and such great shopping. It's great if you have someone to do that with.
Best wishes,
Jayne
P.S. Jenny, how is Mona doing? Is there an update anywhere that I have missed reading?
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  12:46:58 PM  Show Profile
She is doing great...fat and happy and due to calve on May 25th. We had the cubscouts over for a cookout in the back yard last night at our fire ring and she had so much fun with all the attention and stuff to watch and all...I can't imagine NOT having her!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  01:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,
Thanks for the update - I knew it was May sometime. You must be getting really excited now.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  07:32:05 AM  Show Profile
I Am soooo jealous!!! good for you two!! I wish I had some farmgirls that lived near me. I have no friends, so it is great to live vicariously through you all.

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  11:30:25 AM  Show Profile
Jenny & Kate,
So glad you had a great day!!! Days with our girlfriends are just the best. They rejuvenate us.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  11:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Jenny-So glad you had some girl's time. It's so important to a woman's well being to have that. Sounds like fun!!

Love and Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
www.LaMargueriteFarm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Best day I have had in SO long!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page