Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  5:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Today I found a large package on my front porch. Yippee!!! A surprise for me. It was from Janice--Miss Bee Haven. So much wonderful stuff. A sweet pourer with roses (I love pourers),@ cups with matching trivets, a purple purse photo holder, a round tin with herbs and a cookbook copyright 1955. Also Jasmine White Tea and a nice card. But there is more. Because she is such a nice person she enclosed some personal souvenirs of hers. A winner at the races and a VAN HALEN backstage pass signed by Sammy Hagar. Too Sweet! THANK YOU SO MUCH JANICE. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. WOWEE
I tried to post all this on my Strawberry blog and it wouldn't let me post the pictures so i will try it here. Fingers crossed. MB
I finally got the pictures on my Strawberry Hills blog now there are pictures all over the place.lol MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Apr 19 2007 7:06:11 PM

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  12:23:48 AM  Show Profile
MB,
Good for you, posting pictures all over the place. I don't know how to get them on here. You got a lot of nice things from Janice, isn't that card with the little girl cute?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  03:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo,
I figured it out all by myself----ain't that grand. MB

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  05:14:02 AM  Show Profile
What nice things you received. I especially like the tin with the herbs on it. Thanks for sharing the photos.

~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  05:49:49 AM  Show Profile
Great swap girls!!! I didn't join b/c I didn't think I could find much for five dollars around here! But I love seeing all your treasures!!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  07:23:07 AM  Show Profile
I am really sorry I missed out on this swap but I am in kind of the same boat as Bonnie, we don't even have a thrift shop around here.
But I have loved seeing all the neat things you girls have gotten.
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://thebackfence.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  06:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm glad you finally received it, Marybeth. I was starting to worry. The backstage pass came from my husband's long ago days of being head of stage security(a part time job he took when he was going to college and kept because he really enjoyed it.) The photo of Spend a Buck(I think the jockey's name is Angel Cordero) came from my Uncle Clarence's tavern about a block from Churchill Downs. It was taken by the track photographer and I guess was a publicity handout. This swap was soooo much fun! I took the goodies you sent me out to the farm yesterday and they are all on display in my trailer house(only cool stuff that makes me happy gets to go to the farm!) :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  06:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Yay, for both of us. It was fun, huh. MB
Did you get the e-mail I sent you?

Edited by - Marybeth on Apr 22 2007 06:49:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  08:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Mary Beth and Janice- Such wonderful items! It looks like you both had lots of fun!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  07:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Marybeth - No, I didn't get your email. But I've had to vacate my office because of water/mold problems, and my email has been sporadic. I'm finally back today, so things should get better now! :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic THRIFT SHOP SWAP SURPRISE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page