New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic NPR & Live Radio Programs Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  9:33:54 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday my family got to go to a live taping of Michael Feldman's "Whadda ya Know?" on NPR. What fun! It was great to see the faces we listen to every week. They usually broadcast from Wisconsin but are doing a roadtrip (in a bus!) and they came to NJ! I love so many of NPR's programs it was good to see that the funding was restored this week! What would we do on Saturday evenings without Prarie Home Companion? It's nice to rest the visuals once in awhile and just use your listening skills like so many folks did not so long ago as they huddled around their radios every night. I find it's a nice time to do embroidery, quilting, etc. My husband refers to it
as "happy hour" but it's really just a point in the day we slow down and sit together and enjoy the program and each others company. Our son even likes it (sometimes...)!

with a happy heart

countrykat
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

kathy
paola kansas
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  11:41:35 PM  Show Profile
I really like this program and have always wanted to go see it live. If not in Wisconsin then when it is travelling. I believe they take the show on the road once a year.

Hsa any PBS station ever carried it?
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  06:54:32 AM  Show Profile
Kathy-- Good question but I don't know! I've never seen it here on our 3 PBS stations but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened! Prarie Home has been on for an anniversary show, and I know the two shows toured together at one time so I guess anything is possible!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  2:40:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls

Prairie Home Companion is one of my Sat night traditions also; I leave work at 6pm and love to catch the second hour while I drive home. I used to get off work at 5pm, and I could hear the entire radio program. I just choke with laughter; Garrsion certainly lifts the stress of the day!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Fulminous
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Deb
Maine
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  2:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, keep an eye out for Prarie Home Companion in your area, they are on a tour currently. I know they are hitting an area in New Hampshire and I'm trying to save the money to be able to go!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  06:45:26 AM  Show Profile
I will definitely keep watch for a local visit. Thanks, Deb!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic NPR & Live Radio Programs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page