Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Decoupage hints and tips Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  3:40:33 PM  Show Profile
Help! Even after reading the how to section at About.com on decoupage, I am discouraged with the air bubbles that I cannot get out. I have tried my finger, and also a flat hard surface to no avail. Now I'm considering a pin prick. Can any of you more experienced at this offer any advise? I'm using ModPodge medium. Thanks!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  4:03:48 PM  Show Profile
Clare, How are you applying the modpoge? Is it with a brush or roller? I have had better luck with a soft natural bristle brush to keep the bubbles at bay. They are costlier but seem to do abetter job applying...I have also used those flat foam applicators.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  4:21:19 PM  Show Profile
I was using a foam applicator, but I do have a natural bristle brush that I could try... thanks!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  6:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Clare-- are you applying it too thickly? Alot of smooth thin coats with drying inbetween has always worked for me and a little buffing with very fine sand paper or steel wool never hurt either. Most of the time I use a brush and / or my fingers to smooth it all out. Does any of that seem different than what you have been doing? Also the thickness of your paper will make a difference, the thinner the better.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Decoupage hints and tips Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page