Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  09:19:51 AM  Show Profile
It is beyond words . . . I can't imagine what causes a person to do such a thing. I would just like to encourage each of you to step back from the busyness of life and pray for the 33 killed and 17 wounded and their families and friends. The feeling of security and peace has been torn from that community and lives will never be the same. May we all pray for peace in the heart of those people and for peace in our nation.

With love and prayers,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  09:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It is such a horrible tragedy. I think the whole area if not the whole nation is feeling the aftermath of that today. I hope that all the families who have not heard from their children get to hear from them today. I also hope that those who lost family and friends are able to be around those they love today as that always seems to make a loss a little more bearable.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  1:41:17 PM  Show Profile
it is horrible, they are all in our prayers.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  1:48:44 PM  Show Profile
We had a " News Free " day yesturday, so I woke up to it this morning. What a shock! I cried for all of those mothers who lost their babies and went and kissed my own. The pain and mental anguish that would drive someone to do this to others I will never understand. I pray for healing for everyone involved. I can't even imagine the loss they are feeling.

Mandi
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  05:28:56 AM  Show Profile
I have a niece who is study to be a Vet. at Virginia Tech and thought I would lose it that first day until we heard from her. I cried all day, went to church and lit candles for those kids,their parents and all involved...I put a Candle (electric) in my window and will leave it lit for 30 days for Virginia Tech..

Newheart

margie
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:20:21 AM  Show Profile
Margie,
I am so glad your niece is okay . . . how frightening the wait must have been! Putting a candle in the window is such a sweet way to honor them. It is coming out today that his writings in english classes was very disturbing and that he had been questioned for stalking two girls in 2005. If only they had taken these signs more seriously . . . but then hindsight is always 20/20 and no one could have expected something of this magnitude. The one positive, which is actually a hard term to use in this situation, is that in the face of tragedy people come together, regardless of differences in beliefs, politics, etc. My prayers continue for each of them.

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:47:35 AM  Show Profile
I do not understand the whole thing, there were early warning signs with him,his parents must have seen distrubing things about him and his teachers tried to get help,and nothing happened

I cry every time I think about those kids.....

newheart

margie
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Praying for Virginia Tech Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page