Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 HELP!! Cane Borers in rose bushes!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic HELP!! Cane Borers in rose bushes!! Next Topic  

LizDarnell
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Liz
Gulfport MS
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  09:04:53 AM  Show Profile
I have nasty little-looks like rice with legs, cane borers I think. I was trimming back hollow shhots on my rose bushes and out falls a huge amount of these nasty little bugs. I have checked 2 bushes and they are both infested, I am a little afraid to check the rest until I know what to do. Please help me get rid of these.....I love my rose bushes and would hate to have them die or have to remove them totally!!!!!
~Liz

LizDarnell
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Liz
Gulfport MS
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  12:32:18 PM  Show Profile
Well I did a search that said that cane borers can be beneficial to plants But my favorite bush is dead, as I trimmed it down to see if there was anything but dried up brown in it the bugs fell out everywhere and it was totally hollow down to the roots. So now when DH gets home from work I am going to have him take us to Lowes and get some insecticide to get rid the bugs and a new rose bush, or two ;). I hate to spray my plants at all but I don't think I have a choice except to lose the remaining plants to bugs.
~Liz
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  9:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry to hear about the death of you bush! If you can get a photo of the little yuckies or even capture one, sometimes your local Extension office can help identify it and they can help give ideas on how to deal with the infestation as well.

Good luck with your new bushes!

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic HELP!! Cane Borers in rose bushes!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page