mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  06:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday, being Friday the thirteenth, never bothers me. It's just another day and I never even think about it. But yesterday was different. This all happened to me within one hour!

I went outside to hang my laundry up and when I tried to get back in my grandson had deadbolted the inside door and wouldn't open it up. I had to climb in a window through my porch. I literally had to climb over his toy room clutter with him standing there clapping his hands and shouting "c'mon mommom!" I made it! And then I showed him the fine art of how to undo the deadbolt.

Next, I had just hung out my third load of laundry on the longest clothesline I have when all of the sudden it snapped and all my clothes went flying right into my rainsoaked driveway and grass! NEedless to say, I had to wash them all over again!

Now, maybe yesterdays date had nothing to do with these two fun things I went through, but I'm glad it's April 14th/Saturday today! Keep smiling! Susan

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  06:48:17 AM  Show Profile
I won some free beauty products in a drawing at our school and my husband took me out for dinner even though we already had planned what I would cook for dinner! It was a pretty good day for me!

Your story is funny and on Thursday a similar thing had happened to us. When we went to school in the AM, hubby locked the regular lock and the deadbolt. When we came home he realized that only the dredbolt locked and he hadn't pulled the door tight enough for the regular lock to click in place. We couldn't turn the handle but we could just push the door open.

About an hour later we went out for a walk. When we came back I went to open the door but it was locked. I told hubby I needed the key and he said "What key?" He realized that he had never unlocked the lock and when we left we shut the door behind us. This time hard enough that it clicked into place. We were locked out of the house! Richie went next door and borrowed a credit card and was able to get in in three seconds!

Moral of the story - it is REALLY easy to break in to a house! ALWAYS use the deadbolt.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  09:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yikes Julie!

You can install door guards that make the credit card trick not work. It would make me really nervous to have a door that a credit card could unlock. Good thing you have the deadbolt also!

My Friday the 13th was pretty uneventful. The only thing that went “wrong” was that Nora was extremely upset in the evening even after we had fed and changed her but that is a pretty normal baby thing so I can’t blame it on the day.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  11:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys ~ just another perspecitve here - but the law is "like attracts like", which means what we believe, we manifest. So many people in the world believe in "bad luck" on the 13th, that it does manifest out of their consciousness if the belief is strong enough.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

beckels
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

becky
warrington pa
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  12:04:40 PM  Show Profile
It was actually a pretty calm friday the 13th at work. Usually fridays are pretty horrible with parents trying to get their sick kids (or maybe sick)in b4 the weekend. But we actually left a a almost normal time.

beckels

p.s. But I do wonder some time about the full moon theories...we do get some real cuties on the full moon when I work my p/t job at target
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  1:09:04 PM  Show Profile
I always think of my parents on Friday the 13th - No, nothing bad!!! They were married on a Friday the 13th - talk about having faith in a relationship! That was thirty-seven years ago...and they're still celebrating it together. That's what makes it one lucky day for me! If not for that particular Friday the 13th, I sure wouldn't be here.

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  1:51:45 PM  Show Profile
So glad they married on the thirteenth and so glad you're here! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  2:15:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic Friday the 13th. escapades Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page