ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  12:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Anyone use all-in-ones, and if so, which brand, and are you happy with them. I need something easy for the sitter, but am not happy with the chemicals, waste, etc. involved with disposables. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  2:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Ashley- Try Kushies all in ones, they are available from babies-r-us online if you can;t get them locally and they work great- more expensive than prefolds and covers but super to have for saving space in the diaper bag or for caregivers.

Also- maybe the babysitter can learn how to cloth diaper with prefolds and such (my three year old knows how ;)- though every time I leave the room the baby is getting a new diaper from sister! UGH...
Rebekka

Nature does not ask permission. Blossom and birth whenever you feel like it!

Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  08:00:14 AM  Show Profile
I used the Reuzum's at www.greenmountaindiapers.com They call them Blue Penguin now. I liked them and didn't get too many leaks. My daughter was a little thin and had little legs so some diapers leaked alot. but the Reuzums didn't leak on her so I like them the best. My husband liked the ones with snaps, he thought they had better fit than the velcro. I liked the velcro because they were fast and easy for changing in the middle of the night. She has really good descriptions as to what diaper worked best for different baby body types. You can call her too. She is very sweet and will go over what diapers worked for her and what didn't.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  06:31:42 AM  Show Profile
Kate (katiedid) recommended FuzziBunz to me, and I really like them - they have a website www.fuzzibunz.com that you can check out. They've proven to be really easy for us...

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  06:43:16 AM  Show Profile
My daughter uses fuzzibuns too! They are beautiful and her babies never got diaper rashes!
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  11:16:26 AM  Show Profile
I mainly use wonderroos superstars. And I like them a lot. However, they are hard to find. I also occassionally use little g's can be bought pretty cheaply at Whole Food's. And I use gerber and fuzzibuns, as a friend of mine sends them to me as her son out grows them. However, I have no idea where to buy these gerber ones. I kind of like them, they are very cute! And a lot like fuzzibuns. I have asked my friend where she got them, but I never get a reply from her (we are only online friends) I just receive a box in the mail every few months! lol It's nice and all, but I wish she would reply to me once in a while! lol haha

I like the wonderroos super stars though because one size fits all the way through to 24 lbs, starting with at least 4 lbs. (the packaging says 8 lbs, however my daughter was born 18 inches long and 4 lbs and they fit her fine, a little big in the leg wholes but we had min leaks, but those first few weeks little g's did the best with her size, as the velcro was really easy to adjust to her size.) I had friends tell me that their velcro didn't last as long as the snap ones though like wonderroo's. Personally it's been almost 8 months now and they have both worn the same amount of what I can see-the snappy ones seem to get their elastic shot, even if the snaps last and hold up longer then teh velcro. However, like I said I haven't had to buy new sizes of the wonderoo's and we have had to go up one size with little g's. Not yet with the fuzzibuns though or gerber, she's still in smalls for them.

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Apr 23 2007 11:19:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  5:38:51 PM  Show Profile
ok funny, I got antoher package today, and guess what was in it. The Kooshi's! I got 3 of them! Hmmmm, I like them! I think I will buy some. When I went to the BRU website though, I am not sure which kind they are selling. I googled the kooshi's and there is two different kinds. One that has every thing in one, and one that needs a cover and stuffers. I have a feeling BRU (Babies R Us) is selling the all in one kind, but I am not 100 percent positive, but from what I am reading they are. They are working good so far. (ok so I've only used one so far, but so far so good) I like that the stuffer is attached, unlike fuzzibuns, or wonderoos where you have to add a stuffer. In the kooshi it's attached like a tongue. Kind of neat. I also like the softness of it. And this is a used one, and it's still pretty soft!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  11:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
bump

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8