Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 hat arrived - thanks Erin!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic hat arrived - thanks Erin! Next Topic  

laluna
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

New York
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  04:44:34 AM  Show Profile
I went to get the mail yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find my prize from Erin's (Bluewrenn's) drawing a while back (my very first farmgirl goodie, in fact) had arrived! I know you're probably thinking "what is she going to do with that hat in April?" Well believe me, it hasn't looked like spring in quite some time around here...in fact, they're calling for snow later this weekend!!

Anyway, here's a picture - which doesn't do it justice - it's just lovely! Great colors, and it's nice and thick (I'll be wearing it over the weekend, I'm sure ). Thanks again Erin!!

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  04:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Mine came yesterday too and I love it! It si the same style as laluna's but is striped in teal, rasberry, and purple. It is great! Looks liek I'll still need it for a week or so, too. Thank you Erin!

-Megan
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  08:48:20 AM  Show Profile
Sorry these were so late in coming. It's been such a crazy time these past few months...Not complaining but the client work has been intense!

The first set of hats I did were not as thick so I redid them both. The first ones were just too flimsy and with all the snow this year, they weren't going to be much help in keeping you warm, so I added heavier yarns.

I'm really glad you like them. Both can be washed in the washing machine without felting, but I'd recommend hand washing and air drying for better results.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Edited by - Bluewrenn on Apr 12 2007 08:48:58 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic hat arrived - thanks Erin! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page