katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  11:51:20 AM  Show Profile
UUGH! I am so frustrated with sending packages via the USPS system!!!

This past November I mailed a package to a farmgirl, unfortunately I used her (old) address unknowing she was in the middle of moving to a new location... yep, it never arrived ...

Then I sent a package in late February to a farm girl, who had also changed her mailing address as well...

Neither gals have gotten their packages, so I can only conclude the following..
1. packages were never forwarded to their new address'
2. the packages were left at the old address and were not returned to sender...
3. the P.O. damaged both packages and did not forward nor return them.
4. the packages were delivered to a totally wrong address' and the receiver was not honest enough to return them.

In the mean time, 2 farm girls never received a gift from me and I am out all that postage money.

So,, forgive me, for not joining swaps and other venues here on the Forum,, it's just so frustrating.....

Ok, enough of my Venting... on the plus side,, it is sunny out today... Hubby is out picking up debris on our property from the past to days of crazy winds... and he is looking for a missing bird house that to has gone MIA from our barn???

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7531 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7531 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  12:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry - I have had this problem, too. Fortunately for me, everyone at the PO at my former address knows me, and my son and DIL, and they will call me if a package arrives so I can go pick it up.

Could it be that the farmgirls don't know to let you know that something arrived? The USPS will not forward packages, especially to another state, though usually I think they will return them if the postage was at a certain level.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

7032 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
7032 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  12:48:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Grace, I am so sorry. That is so frustrating. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t return packages. What would they do with the packages if they don’t return them? Keep them for themselves? That would be horrible. I hope they show up eventually. Even though it’s been months, I’ll still keep my fingers crossed.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  4:19:42 PM  Show Profile
I hate to point the finger at the P.O. or mistaken recipients, but it is not the 1st time. Once I spent $20 on postage to send a huge box stuffed to the Brim with stuff including an apron, the P.O. computer showed the package was delivered but the recipient never received it. I had taken a photo of the contents to the P.O. and sent to the recipient, it was never found. The P.O. said to have the recipient go to all her neighbors and ask if they got it.. I am thinking the mail carrier dropped it off at the wrong house or it was stolen off the front porch..
The 2nd time,, I was livid,, I bought $100 in special skin care products to give to my mom,, I received a confirmation that the package was delivered,, (to my P.O. Box) I went back to the P.O. and no package.. when I inquired, the one clerk said she handed it off to another staffer to put into my box, she even said, don't worry, people are honest and they will return it,, I made a big not nice stink and was told a note would be placed in all the P.O. boxes to inquire about the package.. it was never recovered, and btw, I asked my friend who also had a P.O. Box there, if she got a notice in her box about the missing package, she said she did not find a note in her Box. I contacted the company I purchased the products from and they were so kind and re-sent a shipment (to my home addy).. They did not have to.. but I appreciated that they did.

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Apr 06 2022 4:23:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3102 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3102 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2022 :  07:48:40 AM  Show Profile
I've been having a lot of problems with letters. I sent a card to my niece and she was excited waiting for it. It's been over a month and she still hasn't gotten it. It only had to go 3 hours away. We've had a lot of bills (with our checks in them) go missing too. Not fun! We had our car insurance cancelled because our payment was lost in the mail. The funny thing is their notice about them cancelling it if we didn't pay took over a month to get to us. It's quite frustrating for sure!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2022 :  08:31:26 AM  Show Profile
Heather last year I was having all kinds of crazy issues with the USPS.. but it seems to have mellowed out,, Now it has been consistantly FEDEX who is driving me Nuts! But thatr is a whole different story! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2022 :  04:56:00 AM  Show Profile
We definitely had some issues here for a couple of years but things have gotten more reliable this past year. It seems that coverage is not uniformly the same everywhere in the US which makes it tough to do shipping or sending cards. I am not sure why there are these big gaps in service but it is really frustrating for sure!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9384 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9384 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2022 :  07:28:07 AM  Show Profile
I don't know what is it like at the PO where you are but they have had signs up they are hiring for months. There are lots of jobs but hard to get hired unless it is in retail.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 13 2022 07:28:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Missing Packages... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page