Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 I want the name and address of that groundhog (m)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic I want the name and address of that groundhog (m) Next Topic  

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  05:37:59 AM  Show Profile
he lied to me.

ITS SNOWING AGAIN!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

Visit me anytime at my blog:
www.vintagechica.typepad.com

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  06:00:36 AM  Show Profile
LOL, it feels like spring may never arrive, it will.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  06:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I understand, Eren! Even though I've been a vegetarian for 15 years, I've threatened to hunt him down, barbecue and eat him myself! The lying little rat!!! :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  06:13:06 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, Ladies...let's all calm down. That little fuzzy guy is just telling "the MAN" what he wants to hear....I'd tell you anything you want to hear if you pulled me out of my toasty warm burrow seeing only flashbulbs and goofballs in victorian top hats!

Sorry. The weirdness of this post is reflecive of only having a few sips of coffee.

Proceed with the bashing of the furry dude....and winter

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  06:30:23 AM  Show Profile
OK, let me pick up the mallet! Woke up to snow, ice & WIND in NW Indiana. DH is in Iowa where they have a winter storm warning and expect 5-8" of the white stuff!

Florida, here I come!!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  06:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
To quote Monty Python " See the violence inherite in the system". Have fun ladies on your chase for the elusive groundhog. I actually don't like those things either we had one living in our yard last year nothing like a gopher that is 20 times bigger than any gopher should ever hope to be destroying your back yard.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  07:19:02 AM  Show Profile
Well now I really think he is missing as he was here then everything froze over last night. Perhaps we need the FBI or Farmgirl investigators on this one I will put out a wanted poster worldwide we will catch this rascal and keep him and never see winter again. Woops got caught up in the moment. Hate to tell u the sunshine just awoke perhaps he is close I will grab my trenchcoat and get on the case.... Good luck ladies we will catch our gopher.
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  09:18:10 AM  Show Profile
When you hunt him down, let me know. Woke up to freezing temps and snow flurries.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  10:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I heard he is in the witness protection program now.....
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  2:18:47 PM  Show Profile
He, he...this thread is cracking me up!!! We got out and enjoyed it anyway.

An update on our snow storm today on my blog. Lots of photos!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  3:11:13 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I'm hunting for that little rodent too! April has been nastier then January so far! Our snow here has lasted all day. My poor perennials were looking sad, now they're downright mournful!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  3:46:36 PM  Show Profile
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck...plenty if he's going to keep us all warm this long. Put him to work heating our gardens. I heard somewhere that "woodchuck" and "groundhog" are the same critter? Could be because of the witness relocation program you mentioned! We were teased with lovely weather last week, and like a fool I planted half my garden because the forsythia is blooming. Even my tulips look like they belong in a Salvador Dali painting. Persistance of Tulips. Thank goodness I didn't get it all planted.
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  07:38:50 AM  Show Profile
bump Well it took a few days but I found his hideout! I set up the trap and waited all night but he must have placed a spell on me as I had dosed for a couple hours and when I awoke the rascal had escaped and left behind a trail of heavy falling white stuff that completely covered his tracks. Be on the lookout he could be headed your way!! Getting the xmas tree out now,and pulling back out the woolies. Goodluck ladies keep me posted.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  07:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you ladies are funny

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  08:34:34 AM  Show Profile
Laughing my be-hind off this morning on this!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  08:36:30 AM  Show Profile
Yes, we too have had snow. It started yesterday and i woke up to the snow falling this morning. Although I am so terribly tired of the snow and long for those full days of sunshine, i have to admit, it looks pretty falling from the sky. But then again, rays of sunshine would look pretty falling from the sky too. And much warmer I might add!
I am so tired of cold weather. I guess it doesn't help that this was our first actual winter here, and it ended up being one of those "we haven't had a winter like this in 30 years" kind of winter. UGH!

Ok well, heres hoping for warmer days ahead. Until then, out come the scarves and mittens and the yummy hot chocolate. Might as well make the best of it! I wouldnt be able to have flowers until June'ish anyway. Too risky to put anything out before then. Living at 9000 changes the way you can garden!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  09:33:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Carrie;
He headed East......snow started around 6:00am this morning and school was canceled. I bet he got a kick out of that. The snow is making it so difficult to catch this critter, but I will, I will.....then, he better start praying.....
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  10:32:46 PM  Show Profile
That sneaky gopher he turned it into rain all afternoon! What will come next! I knew if I got the woolies and xmas tree out the weather would change if it snows in a.m. I will decorate it to create some sunshine. LOL Hopefully everyone elses weather became better
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  10:34:53 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry I hope your weather improves Emmjay I figure it can not and will not stay winter forever hmmm or can it!!
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  06:05:02 AM  Show Profile
It snowed all day yesterday, UGH! But today it is blue skies and sunshine, it is gorgeous! So now the snow will hopefully melt and we can be about our spring time way. Come on Sunshine!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic I want the name and address of that groundhog (m) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page