Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Newbie from NW Georgia Next Topic  

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  3:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Hi All!

I just moved to N. Ga a few months ago from sunny Florida (too sunny for me - lol - Ga seems to fit my husband and I a little better).

We are looking to buy some acreage in the next year or so and start a tree farm. Part of the farm will be raising chickens, and a cow if I can convince the spouse of it. We love to garden, my husband must have his grass but we both like vegetables and fruits, and I like my flowers, too.

I've spent a few minutes browsing the site - I'm very much wanting to simplify life as much as possible, get away from commercial cleansers and soaps and be more self-sufficient.

I have two furkids (dogs), Stuie (a pit/lab) and Cookie (a shepherd mix) and have also been researching modifications to their diets, as I am unhappy with the commercial foods available for our pets and feel there is a better alternative.

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  7:42:30 PM  Show Profile
Lynn, welcome to the group!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Newbie from NW Georgia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page