Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Officially Homeless......sorta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Officially Homeless......sorta Next Topic  

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  9:37:11 PM  Show Profile
The buyers closed on our house yesterday so we are officially without a house but we are of course living in our travel trailer at the property already so we arent really homeless. I had to learn to downsize a LOT when we moved into the travel trailer and you know I dont miss anything except my washer, dryer and computer. I am able to use the internet at work though and my brother only lives about 200 feet up the driveway and we can do laundry there so even those things arent really a problem.

It is an exciting time and hopefully we will make a decision on a house this weekend and put a down on it. We know what manufactured home we want but the floor plan is only made a couple times a year. We have to decide if we want to wait on it or find something else. Hubby even mentioned yesterday if we went with a really small house like 1000 sq foot then we could build a house. I just dont think all our stuff would fit in such a small house (our last home was 2000 sq feet plus a huge double detached garage) but I will keep that option open anyway. I am just happy to have the old house gone and ready to move to the next step.

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  9:59:22 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the sale of your house. I know that selling a house can be a big burden, and it is nice when it is lifted. Have fun on your next adventure of finding a new home! That is so exciting!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  12:08:59 AM  Show Profile
We've built a couple of barns to store all our stuff, which will allow us to build a smaller house to actually LIVE in... maybe something like that would work for you too.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  03:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Wow! You are really making progress towards your goal. What was your process for actually down-sizing? Isn't it incredible that you don't miss most of that "stuff"? Good luck! How's hubby feeling?

[size=1]"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  03:59:31 AM  Show Profile
You are doing wonderfully! Wow, Rebekah is right you are really making progress! My hubby and I have looked at those manufactured homes too. They are wonderful!! Everything factory built, out of the weather. They can wire it with all of the internet stuff and TV stuff that you can and can't even imagine. Then when it is done, it is a quick set up....love the whole concept. I have a real estate appraiser friend and she said they are appraising out like a stick built home. So I guess it is whatever you and your hubby want. You've already downsized so staying in the travel home might work until you get the home you really want! When is the next build run?

Have fun on your new adventure! And how is hubby doing?

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  04:37:03 AM  Show Profile
oh Shelle, that is sop exceiting. I wouldn't mind either if it meant I was finally on my land. Good luck & keep us posted.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  05:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations on the great news, Shelle. I know waiting is hard and you're in a cramped space, but how long is it until the house you want is made?

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  09:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh, you scared me with your title. I'm so very glad for you. :) Fantastic for you to be on your land! Nothing like a small space to make you want to be outside! Hope your season is pleasant and you have a great time choosing your next step...keep us up to date. Lots of support!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  3:30:40 PM  Show Profile
Georgeann,

The house we would like to have is made again in May or June provided they sell enough of them to make it profitable to build a run of them. If not then they push back the date a few months until enough have ordered it. Hubby and i have a problem with putting money down on a house expecting it to be built in a couple of months and then find out it wont be made for 6 months or more. The salesman said that he has seen it take as long as 9 months to get some models he has sold. I am hoping we can get an idea if enough have signed up for this floor plan before we make a commitment with the down payment.

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  4:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on selling your house, Shelle!! I do hope that you can get the floor plan that you like. There's nothing worse than having your heart set on something and then be told you can't have it. Good thing warm weather is on it's way. You can get out and garden and enjoy the outdoors. That'll make you feel like you have more space. :) Good luck!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Officially Homeless......sorta Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page