True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  7:44:17 PM  Show Profile
Jo,
My parcel arrived from Alaska today! I love everything in it!
Jo has totally spoilt me - she has sent me two fingerless mitt patterns and some gorgeous yarn to knit them in, a book called Alaska Sourdough, and three magazines to keep me busy (Romantic Homes, BackHome and Knits - which has at least four patterns I would love to knit!)
Thank you so much, Jo. Farmgirls are so wonderful, it always knocks me for six when I get such special parcels!
Best wishes,
Jayne

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  02:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Jo,
I have just read that issue of Romantic Homes you sent. I love the autumn decorating in there - autumn and winter are my favourite seasons and I love some of the ideas in there. I've never seen this magazine before - our newsagent gets one called Country Homes and Country Sampler. The one I get every month though is the British edition of Country Living - I love that and I always look through them.
Thanks again - very handy as, of course, it is autumn here now!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  12:32:23 PM  Show Profile
well Jayne, you make all of us farmgirls feel quite special as you mingle all the way from Albany. I had to spend time looking up everything about Albany............ so many adventures, so little time! so here's to Jayne!! jo

"life is drab without a lab"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  5:21:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jo,
Albany is quite a special place, especially significant at the moment with ANZAC Day coming up on 25th April. The ANZACs left from Albany, so our port was the last Austalian land a lot of them ever stood on. The Bishop here started the first Dawn Service to commemorate the event and it has since spread everywhere, even to Anzac Cove itself. My brother went to the Dawn Service at Gallipoli when he was overseas and said it was the most haunting experience. I think it is emotional enough atending the Dawn Service here, let alone on the actual spot it happened.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  11:25:29 AM  Show Profile
I watched the movie Gallipoli years ago with a very youthful Mel Gibson. That was a amazing story, what's your weather Jayne? jo

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2007 :  04:56:21 AM  Show Profile
I still love the movie Gallipoli - very Aussie characters! At school we always had a service and sang And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda (about the band playing on the quay as the soldiers embarked) and finished with The Last Post. Both always make me cry.
Weather wise - we are just starting to cool down now. I'm sure the seasons have shifted lately. Summer doesn't seem to start until halway through the 'official' summer, and then goes until halfway into autumn. So we are still wearing short sleeves and summer skirts here. I think I have only had a cardigan on twice this autumn. We have only had one misty morning so far. We don't get any frosts here, being on the coast. I miss waking up to white frost on the grass (we never got snow where I used to live, frost was the closest!) So winter is slowly on the way, I guess. The leaves haven't even turned yet though.
How is it with you - has the snow melted? And how is that beautiful dog of yours? I saw some gorgous photos in a post somewhere.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2007 :  11:17:56 PM  Show Profile
My brother and sister in law are in Australia right now for three weeks, sure they are enjoying the weather! It is finally spring now, it's so exciting to see the snow recede and see if anything has survived. The moose are wandering out, looking hungrily at everything, they are so thin! I can see my peony gently poking out of the ground, I thought for sure they wouldn't survive. 45 degrees is a heat wave!

I need to head to bed, long work week, so tired tonight. Up to bed with my lovely lab babies............ jo

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  01:48:34 AM  Show Profile
Whereabouts in Australia are your brother and sister-in-law visiting? Glad to hear that your plants have survived the winter. And the photos I've seen of your labs are beautiful.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  1:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Very nice pictures Jo. I love your lab. We had a lab. She was such a sweetie.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you Jo!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page