elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  08:10:17 AM  Show Profile
I want to join a Farmgirl chapter but the closest one is over an hour away. How far do you travel for your farmgirl chapters? It just seems like it would be hard to be active that far away. And no, I don't want to start one right now since we just moved to a new area and I don't know anyone or anything about SW Michigan yet.

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  10:49:18 AM  Show Profile
Hmmmm. I don't think that's a tough one, but I'm not in your situation, either. (Well, actually I think I could be in your exact situation. The new just-forming Chicago Urban Farmgirls chapter will likely be an hour+ east of me.)

On the one hand, I see how you feel that you would *want* to be close to the chapter in order to participate face-to-face with the other chapter members. It is certainly easier to feel a part of the group when you can visualize it: put the names and the faces and the Usernames all together, right?!

On the other hand, I don't see that you would necessarily have to attend *every* get together in order to be (and feel!) part of the group. What about every third month attend a meeting? With the world so connected nowadays, many of the chapters have projects that take place in the "vitual" world and/or via snail-mail.

I'd be interested in hearing from others about this, too. I don't think that distance need dictate membership. Well, within reason, that is...I'm outside of Chicago, so I certainly won't be joining any Farmgirl chapters in Florida, will I? (though on a crummy day like today, it is tempting! )

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com

Edited by - Vintage Redhead on Apr 04 2007 10:49:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic How far? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page