Mnhorsemom
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Kathy
Battle Lake minnesota
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  10:22:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I am a farm girl from Minnesota. We have a small hobby farm with horses, dogs, and cats. I enjoy gardening, and canning and candle making. I hope to soon get into soap making.

Farm House Formulas Battle Lake, MN

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  11:34:52 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathy!! I love Minnesota..lived up near Bemidji years ago. You will love soap making..lots of us here do it too.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  12:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi and Welcome Kathy! Minnesota is so pretty! Oh candlemaking! That is something we haven't talked about much here! I would love to hear about how you make candles! We all love candles here! Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

brownswissgal
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Julie
Plainfield Wisconsin
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  4:27:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathy,

I'm you neighbor to the south - Wisconsin.... I too am a horse gal along with a brownswiss cow thrown in for good luck :) Soap making is a blast and boy you can be really creative with the wonderful herbs and flowers you can add for medicinal as well as for the mind and soul. You should try lotions and especially lip balms... those are fun with edible oils that come in all sorts of yummy flavors....
Anywho... you'll enjoy everyone on this list... they are all a bunch of great gals :)

Take Care,

Julie

I never met a cow I didn't like
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  5:43:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy! Yes, soapmaking, I'm just starting to learn how to do that myself! Welcome to the group

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

Molly Hummel
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

5 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  7:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Kathy,

I agree with Julie, the lipbalm is a wonder to make. SOap and candles are fun. Try getting real essential oils -- there's no better scent! So many creations you can make. I hope you enjoy the site, I'm new too!

Molly
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi, I'm new here Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page