westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  3:49:46 PM  Show Profile
It was raining this am & we just buried my daughters guinea pig, died last night. I did some laundry w/ my washboard, baked muffins but all w/ a nagging thought in my head, been there for days & I couldn't shake it. My husband asked me what was wrong & I blurted out everything I was thinking & feeling about our small farm & what we HAVE to do to get there. I took MJ book off the counter (it's always at my fingertips) & showed him what MJ did to get her farm & all the things we can do to save a bit of money & Im not doing laundry w/ a washboard for my health!! (although it is great for the arms). Well this went on for a while & I was expecting a little argument but got none. We decided we'd get 2 to 5 acres in VERMONT where I have ALWAYS wanted to be & spend all this time working on it, spending summers etc. until either we retire OR we know we'll be ok to live there before we retire. I am exceited beyond what I am able to express. We have a real working plan, I have a real working buss. plan and for the FIRST time, I really believe it's going to happen! I wanted to share this w/ you, the best group of women anywhere on earth.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  4:11:11 PM  Show Profile
YAY!!!

Blessed Be!

farmgirl@heart

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams; live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." - Henry David Thoreau

http://chevy49girl.livejournal.com/
http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://chevy49girl.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  4:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Oh Michele, I am excited for you...May you have a grand adventure! Vermont...love Vermont too!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  4:32:10 PM  Show Profile
OH, I am happy for you too. I hope your nasty head ache gets better
I woke up with one this morning it is better though
I hate it when they linger on all day and into the night.
My husband and I are planning Our retirement home on a family owned farm. with a creek running through the land
My husband and one of his brothers are rising cows and selling them to supplement money on the farm
We each have our own land.
We are still in the planning stages hopefully before long we can start. Good luck. Pinkroses. ( Sheila)
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  5:31:19 PM  Show Profile
that is great. I hope your dreams come true. Best of wishes to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  7:57:53 PM  Show Profile
Thats great I hope there is good dirt there so all your dreams really do come true!!!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2007 :  12:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Whooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooo !!! I am so happy and excited for you!!! Where in VT would you settle?? Oh how neat!!! please do keep us posted!! You just brought such a beam of light into my heart now reading your happy post!! Congratulations!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2007 :  10:31:22 AM  Show Profile
thanks girls. Kim, I love Thoreau! Were going up in a couple of weeks to look in a few areas. We still don't have ALOT of money to put down but we have enough. (I hope)Ed, my husband said even if we get something that has some kind of structure we can go from there or if not we'll build a small cabin but of couse I need and want a barn. We have to do it all from here so we'll make payments & go up ALOT & right now I don't care how old it may be, we have time to work on it.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MJ book, still my guide! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page