JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2021 :  12:34:29 AM  Show Profile
We had such fun in the first Mini Book swap. Let’s do it again. The Dog Days of Summer (July 3 – August 15) are almost upon us. What a great time to get in out of the heat and humidity and create a little art while enjoying a bit of air conditioning and a nice cold lemonade.

As before your project will be created from a single sheet of paper cleverly folded and cut to produce an 8-page mini book that includes front cover, back cover and six pages of content. What kind of content you ask? Well, let’s be inspired by the Dog Days of Summer . . . ideas for dealing with the heat and humidity, favorite summer activities, how our doggies spend their days, hot weather recipes, vacation stories and pictures, best cooling tips, beauty and the summer beast, jokes & cartoons, collage or rubber stamping, favorite quotes, etc . . . you get the idea . . . anything actually that tickles your fancy at this time of year. Once you have created your book, you will save it as a PDF or jpg file and email it to everyone on our mini book swap list. Last time we each received around 15+ booklets – too cool.

When you sign up, I will send to your private email address full instructions for making a one-page mini book, as well as links to some great free sites for ideas and samples. And the best part is no postage, nothing to buy, no tucks to find, no cost, no delivery woes . . . how can so many “no’s” add up to such a big “yes” of fun?

• Mailing list (email addresses) will be sent by July 5
• Publish your mini no later than August 15

Happy creating,
jean

FAMOUS AUTHORS TO BE
Dianna - Sunny58
Rebecca - BeccaLou
Terri - Tchr66
Wanda - Wanda Sue
Andrea - AndreaPA
Sherry - Sweettea59
Rebecca - BeckyT
Jean - JeanP

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Jun 23 2021 5:47:32 PM

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2021 :  07:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Happy to sign up for this fun mini Jean!!! Thank you!! Happy summer and stay cool!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2021 :  9:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Hello bookies . . . thank you to Dianna for being the first to sign up. . . . and also to Terri Reynolds. Rebecca Thornton, and Sherri Buck who signed up by email. Welcome. Instruction email will follow soon.
hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2021 :  03:59:17 AM  Show Profile
Sign me up please. Looks like fun and I'm feeling brave enough to give it a try.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2021 :  05:59:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited again! I know what I'm going to do! Beginning designs now!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1159 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1159 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2021 :  4:48:13 PM  Show Profile
This looked like a fun swap, so I think I will be brave to try it as well!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2021 :  5:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Evening Jean, I'm in for this fun swap. I really enjoyed the last one.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1159 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1159 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2021 :  9:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I received your email with the instructions, and they are very easy to follow.
I love how I already have three mini books to start my collection by clicking the links.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2021 :  3:05:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jean, I received your e-mail today with instructions. I love the video, she is fun and I might have to watch her live some time. The links are also very helpful. I already have a plan and hope to start tomorrow after work.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2021 :  3:25:46 PM  Show Profile
Andrea -- Yes, Ali is great. I belong to her handmade book club and love it. Her instructions are always the best. Have fun -- but be forewarned, these little minis can be addicting.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2021 :  08:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Well, here we are -- July 3 -- the start of the official Dog Days of Summer. Of course here in the Pacific Northwest they started a tad earlier and with a vengeance. I guess that star Sirius got a bit off-track. According to Wikkipedia -- The dog days or dog days of summer are the hot, sultry days of summer. They were historically the period following the heliacal rising of the star system Sirius, which Hellenistic astrology connected with heat, drought, sudden thunderstorms, lethargy, fever, mad dogs, and bad luck.

Today is the last day to sign up for this swap. I had a sudden inspiration a couple of days ago and designed and constructed my mini one morning when it was nice and cool. It went together easy peasy. I love making mini-books. Please join us for this wonderfully creative fun project. You're on this forum, so obviously you have a computer. So all you need is a creative imagination, a playful spirit, and a sheet of computer paper. Get out of the heat and humidity and make a mini book.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Jul 03 2021 08:58:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2021 :  09:21:13 AM  Show Profile
All right my bookies . . . start your engines. Watch your email for the Dog Days Mini Book email address list which will be sent shortly. I still need your email addy, Wanda. Please send it to me by private email so I can get you on the list pronto. My book is done, so I will be sending it out with your first email to get things started. Have fun. Remember to post a stand-up photo on this site but send the flat page version to the email list. Can't wait to see what you create.
farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1159 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1159 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2021 :  12:44:28 PM  Show Profile
Ok I sent my email again privately, but I already received the samples so I thought you had me on the list.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2021 :  3:43:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Wanda Sue . . . I had a senior moment. I did send instructions but forgot to add you to my contacts list. Sorry 'bout that. Not sure whether it's the heat or old age clouding my memory.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2021 :  6:49:46 PM  Show Profile
I just sent my Dog Days Zine out Jean! Finished it up this afternoon! I can NOT WAIT to get everyone else's!! So cool, just so cool! Thanks for hosting this again!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2021 :  12:01:48 PM  Show Profile
Here are the first two Dog Days Mini Books -- Dianna and Jean. Aren't they cute?

How is everyone staying cool these days? Post your favorite tips here. I'll be posting one of mine tomorrow.

jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2021 :  12:40:37 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I SO love yours!!!!! :D

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  10:14:07 AM  Show Profile
And, Dianna, I SO love yours !!!! Got some watermelon and kiwi yesterday and am about to go blend up some slushy stuff to make your popsicles. Yum.

My very favorite staying cool tip has to be wearing cool ties. Oh yes, indeed. And I have sent the pattern to my Dog Day swappers . . . stay cool . . .

hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  5:40:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jean for the cool ties instructions!! I'll have to make Danny and I one! We are outside a major part of the day! Except when its raining! Forgot the purple cow juice yesterday at store. Will get sometomorrow when I go back into town. ;) Everyone had rootbeer floats tonight. Yum

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  6:13:26 PM  Show Profile
It happened again . . . remember a while back when we were doing the Scrap Happy swap and lo, MaryJane's Farmhouse magazine had a delightful article on neat stuff to make from scraps. . . well yesterday once again I open a new issue of the magazinee only to find an article corresponding or complementing our Dog Days swap. How cool is that. Check out the informative article on page 15, "About Those Dog Days". . . and MJ's Whipped Feta recipe on page 50 is to die for. . . yummo!
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  6:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Wow, too cool!! I'll have to wait to travel into big town in Monday to find the issue.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2021 :  1:11:53 PM  Show Profile
I saw that Jean. I thought you had some inside scoop LOL

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2021 :  5:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Do you toss and turn and have trouble getting to sleep when it's too hot? Try wrapping one of those reusable ice packs that you keep in the freezer for emergency sprains and such in a hand towel and place it in your bed where your feet rest -- instant cooling and you just might drop right off to sleep -- I do.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2021 :  5:46:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to use it on my neck when I'm in the garden. :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  4:37:25 PM  Show Profile
Well here it is. I think I need to go back to kindergarten to learn how to fold and cut.
This probably seems like an odd topic for the Dog Days. I love summer. I think it's the best time to see what's growing well in the vegetable garden and the flower garden. And the best time to sit in the air conditioning with a cold drink and plan for next year.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  6:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh Andrea, "Gardening with Natives" is a joy to behold. Your writing, your layout, everything is just perfect. Thank you so much for this delightful addition to my mini book collection.
hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dog Days Mini Book Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page