Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 July Card Swap in Memory of Portia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic July Card Swap in Memory of Portia Next Topic  

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  06:20:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies.. Glad you’re all back! Gonna be alreally hot summer this year. Stay cool! Stay Safe!

It’s been a month.... First my phone got hacked. That was a mess to fix and I was off line for a while. Changing different passwords.

Then July 12 my youngest son’s wife died of a massive heart attack at 40. ( Her mom died at 31 of the same).
Family gathered at the hospital, but were told nothing. Then Last Thursday we gathered at the funeral home for a viewing then back on Friday for a memorial. She wanted to be cremated. So sad. Keep my son Jon in your prayers. She has 4 children and always had an open door for any teen who was in need.

So Ladies.. life is short.. Love and love well ....

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  07:07:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh Mary, broke my heart to hear this! I'm so very sorry!! Seems the good 9nes are always hit the hardest! :( My deepest condolences and prayers.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  07:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry about your son's wife. What a shock! Once I visited with a young lady at the post office. She was one of my former students, all grown up, married and pregnant. Not two weeks later she was a widow. Her 31 year old husband had a massive heart attack. It was something he inherited too. So sad. He bever got to see his beautiful baby boy.
How long were they married?
How old are the children? Please tell your son that he and the children are in my thoughts and prayers.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 20 2021 07:12:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  07:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Sign me up please.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1794 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1794 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  07:34:57 AM  Show Profile
Add me to the list please. So sorry to hear of tragic loss of daughter in law.very sad. Praying for your family.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  08:18:58 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn.. they were married 20 years .

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  6:06:06 PM  Show Profile
Mary, does your son live near you? He will have his hands full. I hope he is close enough for you to be of help.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2021 :  5:15:27 PM  Show Profile
Whats the theme?? I'll send out tomorrow, plus let me know other names Mary Praying things are better for you!! (*)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2021 :  09:02:46 AM  Show Profile
Mary, I got the list. I sure do hope you and your family are doing better. It takes a while to get over a sudden death of a loved one.
I remember one afternoon in early February, I was in my classroom, when the buzzer sounded. So I pushed the button so I could hear the secretary with my message! She said I needed to go to a phone and call my sister. As I walked down the long hall, down the long stairs, then to our workroom...I wondered why my sister was calling me...at work??? ( we had buried our mother and step father, less than two years before. We three kids were ' healthy', all in our early 50s.
So you can imagine the shock when she told me they had found our brother dead, in his apartment. He had just turned 52! He had been a West Texas Blue Chipper, and went to TCU on a full scholarship to play more football. How could he be dead.??!!?. He had cancer, it turned out. He had been to MDAnderson, but because he chose to be a hermit of sorts...well it was a sad deal!

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2021 :  09:28:35 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn...We should each celebrate every day that God gives us. We never know what our expiration date is...stay safe, dear friend...

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2021 :  6:30:06 PM  Show Profile
Was there a theme yall?? I'm in the creating mode and want to get these out by Friday. I'm terribly behind in life right now....sorry

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2021 :  7:43:58 PM  Show Profile
No real theme was announced. Just have fun with it !!!

All our regulars are swapping. So......Do you need me to resend names and addresses ???? Don’t be shy. ;

And I will be posting August swap (“Dog Days of Summer).

Edited by - Madelena on Jul 28 2021 7:44:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2021 :  8:00:41 PM  Show Profile
MY Son. Questions answered.

He was married 20 years this year. There are 4 children. One girl is married in lives in New England and has a baby and couldn’t get down.
Their youngest is a 15 year old boy. 2 girls also live with him and attend junior college.
John is a long haul truck driver and just getting back to work. And of course his birthday is this month too.

Praying For you all and your families.. and gonna have some interesting weather in the US this week too.
You all stay safe.... mary

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2021 :  05:37:43 AM  Show Profile
********** August Swap and theme just posted..

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic July Card Swap in Memory of Portia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page