YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  07:28:29 AM  Show Profile
During the colder months I drink hot tea at home - English breakfast tea with raw sugar and lemon. Starting in the spring I switch to iced tea with raw sugar & lemon. When dining out I order half & half iced tea. Half un-sweet & half sweet. Most restaurant/cafe iced tea is too sweet for my liking. Half & half tea is often on the menus and if not they know what I want when I ask for it.

In the past I drank flavored teas but in the last year or so I stick with plain black teas. How do you take your tea?

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  09:47:35 AM  Show Profile
Sara,, I love Tasanes (herbal) teas in the summer, ever so lightly sweetened with a hint of sugar...
I detest artificial sweeteners!
In cool/colder weather,, I luv all kinds of hot teas,, , but preferably sweetened with honey.
Occassionally I will ad cream/whole milk to my tea to mellow it out..

I only use lemon in my iced tea.
and always accompanied with a sweet cookie, scone or slice of bread with jam.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  10:20:56 AM  Show Profile
I drink my tea without anything added to it. Same goes for my coffee. Years ago at my first office job our company didn't supply coffee, something that was normal back then, so I learned to drink them without anything added. I do put one pack of stevia in my pitcher of home-brewed ice tea though. I do like passion iced tea, lemon zinger, and cinnamon spiced teas.

Dawn in IL

"April... hath put a spirit of youth in everything." - William Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  10:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Tea drinker here; never did like drinking coffee. Depending on the tea I either drink it plain or sweetened with a bit of erythritol. My favorite summer tea used to be to pick a lot of mint leaves, make sun tea in a gallon jar for iced tea and add a splash of orange flower water to it. Unfortunately I lost my 40 year old patch of Egyptian mint in the last drought so I'm looking for a new source for it. Another mint variety would probably work as well.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6945 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6945 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile
My favorite tea is fruit tea. I drink it warm or iced and I don’t add anything to it. I do like English or Irish breakfast tea especially when I don’t feel well, but I do add sugar to those cups. Not a fan of those teas cold.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  10:41:27 PM  Show Profile
Judith,, have you grown Chocolate mint? I combine dried Choco-mint leaves with lavender buds to make a Tasane' that is just lovely,, ever so lightly sweeten with honey... it is even good as a iced tea, tho' I prefer it warm.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  10:56:54 PM  Show Profile
I love all kinds of Teas. My favorite source is a Tea Company out of Portland, OR called Plum Deluxe Tea. I love hot tea in the winter months
and iced teas in the summer months. My son bought me a Cold Brew Coffee and Tea Maker by Mr. Coffee for Christmas. I haven't used it yet
but plan too very soon!! I like hot and cold tea sweetened with either Whole Earth Sweetner which is Stevia and Munk Fruit. Or with Local Honey
and sometimes with creamer too.

For those of you who know me well...know that Coffee is my first Love and Teas my second. But I would not want to live without either one. I don't
buy my Coffees just from The Grocery Stores but from Bones Coffee Web Store and Starbucks. I have kind of developed into a Coffee and Tea Snob.
I only like the ones I have listed. Developing a finer pallet since getting older, I guess.

I also have cups just for Teas and Mugs for Coffees. I love reading what others prefer and enjoy too. Variety is the Spice of Life!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2021 :  05:35:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all for sharing how you take your tea. I got up late this morning so it's way passed the time to put the kettle on for my iced tea. Enjoy your tea however you take it.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara

Edited by - YellowRose on Apr 06 2021 08:26:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2691 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2691 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2021 :  07:38:14 AM  Show Profile
I love teas as well - Nearly every kind!! Mostly I drink them plain as they are, don't add much, but sometimes lemon and sugar. I do love a good sweet tea! I don't drink coffee at all... love love love the smell, but not the taste. How can something that smells so good taste so bad!? :-)

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2021 :  4:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Grace -- I just planted a chocolate mint last year. It's too small to harvest much at this point but in the manner of mints it should grow well if it gets enough water. I did finally find some Egyptian mint online and ordered it. We're headed for another drought year so I will have to once again get creative about watering my garden.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2021 :  5:34:06 PM  Show Profile
I am willing to try any tea, although I don't care for the aloe vera tea Churunga sent me. I add stevia or if I feel indulgent I add milk and sweetener to chai.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2021 :  08:18:13 AM  Show Profile
In the early 1970s I met a woman from India who brewed her loose black tea in milk then added a ton of sugar. It was too sweet for me but I didn't mind it brewed in milk. Next winter when I start drinking hot tea again I may try brewing in milk just to see if I like it. It would probably be better in the afternoon than for my morning tea.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2021 :  08:27:16 AM  Show Profile
I hadn't heard about brewing tea in milk. Please let us know how it goes when you do it Sara.

Dawn in IL

"April... hath put a spirit of youth in everything." - William Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6945 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6945 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2021 :  12:54:26 PM  Show Profile
I would love to know as well. I enjoy the creamy ness of milk sometimes and that’s why I will make hot chocolate. Another milk option would be nice.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2021 :  1:50:26 PM  Show Profile
I grow Spearmint and make iced tea year-round. I am also a coffee drinker and I prefer Green Mountain Breakfast. After 2 cuppa coffee in the Morn I switch to Mint Tea for the rest of my day.
So I guess you might call me a "drinker" lol.
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”

"I was cut out to be rich but I was sewn up wrong"
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  07:49:36 AM  Show Profile
I mix loose peppermint tea with a anti-imflammatory blend. Once steeped, I add a teaspoon of elderberry and half teaspoon of elderberry honey.

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog
http://www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Etsy Shops
https://www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

https://www.taylorstowels.etsy.com

https://tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Thrive Life Store

https://www.tinytaylorhomestead.thrivelife.com

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  1:14:55 PM  Show Profile
With a little luck I will be having my mint tea . -- I found someone on Etsy selling Egyptian mint plants. The shipping is horrendous but I will have my mint growing again.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  11:04:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm up in the middle of the night cause I can't sleep so I made tea brewed in hot milk with 1 tsp of raw sugar and English breakfast tea bag. Made a tasty drink. Wouldn't want it every night or day but now & then would be nice.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3078 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3078 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  12:46:48 PM  Show Profile
Does in a cup count? I LOVE tea of all kinds. I like the pick me up of black tea the best. It really just depends on my mood how I drink it. Sometimes hot in the morning, sometimes iced and sweetened after working outside. Sometimes flavored, sometimes herbal. I really like it all. I'll have to try the milk brew. I've had milk in my tea before but not brewed in it. Sounds good!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2021 :  05:16:32 AM  Show Profile
I've been a tea drinker since I was young. Grandma started me with Cambric tea, which is mostly milk with tea added. I moved on to black tea with milk and sugar when I would go visit the aunts. Since then it was with nothing added. I also enjoy herbal teas, loose teas, and since caffeine was playing havoc with me I am now sticking with decaf black or herbal tea. I have never cared for sweet tea so went we went out it was unsweetened iced or hot. But now it's all decaf .

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 18 2021 05:22:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  10:04:07 PM  Show Profile
I never used to drink tea but I found I really like the fruity flavors. I do drink all now and there are so many different kinds out there and flavors.
I like the Orange spice one really well and mango and peach, but I drink them non sweetened and with lemon juice, Yummy to me. I prefer cold.
It is a good drink.

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  08:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
I love tea, hot and cold. I was an addicted coffee drinker for many years, but a small shop opened near my home where you could get a cup of freshly brewed tea and a treat (mine is usually a scone). They have over 100 varieties of tea, they also sell the teas (loose). I have a few favorites, one being Tea Source Spice. I know, strange name for a tea, but so delicious, can't wait to have that cup in the morning. Tea Source Spice is caffeinated, so one cup in the morning and then decaf teas the rest of the day. So many wonderful teas to choose from and try!

Blessings and Hugs,
Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How Do You Take Your Tea? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page