Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Farmgirl Wannabe in Washington
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirl Wannabe in Washington Next Topic  

DeborahJean
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Deborah
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Greetings from Lynnwood, WA. Right now we're 2 blocks from the I-5 freeway and live in a 2 bedroom condo. My youngest is graduating from High School tonight, and will be going off to college in the fall, so at last DH and I are able to move away from the city since split custody with their dad in Seattle kept us here until now.

I've got 4 more years until retirement, so we are looking at moving over to Eastern Washington, Ellensburg area, where I can get a job transfer, then maybe retiring near Spokane or in the Okanogan. We just spent a week in Spokane checking it out and wow is it beautiful!! DH is from dairy farm land in Wisconsin and cannot stand living in the city. I'm excited to be a future farmgirl cuz I love the country. I lived on acreage in Duvall for a while with horses, goats, dogs and cats so I have a little idea what it's all about and can't wait to learn and grow and savor this experience.

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  6:19:25 PM  Show Profile
You go lady! That sounds like a wonderful plan that is workable for both of you. What about Wisconsin? It's a new place. Lots of trees, deer, curvy roads, snow, the list could go on and on. I'm from NE Iowa and the topography is very similiar. I never think of Iowa as being flat, and yet most of the population lives on the flats.
Do you plan to have animals at the next place? My brother in law lives out in that area. The pics I've seen are beautiful. Good luck and welcome!

To live without farm life is merely existing, to live with farm life is living life to it very last experience.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  7:48:21 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from Wenatchee, DeborahJean! Sounds like you are primed for the "good life"! Just a heads up, in case you aren't aware, Ellensburg has ALOT of wind and very cold winters. I grew up there, and since I'd adapted to the wind as a kid, I find it comforting, but some people are really addled by it. When the trees grow at an angle, ya know it's serious! Seems like all of Western WA wants to move to Eastern WA.... and places are becoming very scarce. Can't blame y'all... it is definately better than the city congestion... but before long it'll all be over here! Keep us posted on your endeavors!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  9:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Welcome DeborahJean!!! Glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  11:18:25 AM  Show Profile
DeborahJean, welcome to the group! Where in Wisconsin did your hubby grow up? It is beautiful here!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile
DeborahJean, I just realized you are in Lynnwood, WA, my best girlfriend lives in Lynnwood as well! Small world!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  12:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Deborah. There are indeed some very beautiful areas in Spokane aren't there? My daughter goes to visit her father and his family there in the summer. :-)

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2005 :  10:31:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! I live in La Center, WA. Glad to see more gals from WA here!

Kay

Proud Member of Farmgirls of North Clark County
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2005 :  1:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Deborah from Lynnwood.
I'm Nancy from Woodinville. I just found 10 acres just northeast of Spokane. It is really beautiful.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  10:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I grew up in Lynnwood, and now live in Yakima, WA. I have been here about 13 years now, and am loving it. We actually live out in the country surrounded by a pear orchard. It is beautiful here, and so close to the mountains. Today I spent time at my favorite place, Clear Lake, near white pass canoeing with friends. It is gorgeous. I never really pictured myself living in Eastern WA since growing up in the Seattle area, but now I am finding more and more reasons why I love this area.

Welcome!
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

DeborahJean
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Deborah
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  7:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all your replies!! I just got info today that looks really good for a future job transfer to the Yakima area. DH and I have been looking at property on line and will be going east of the mountains for a serious search once the new job is actually listed and such. I am pretty sure that I would be chosen if I apply, since I have so many years of experience and Yakima is a very busy place right now. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this will happen for us!!

Deborah Jean
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirl Wannabe in Washington Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page