katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  5:04:40 PM  Show Profile
Today I had to go to the Eye Dr., for my yearly eye examine..
On the plus side.. it was painless and covered by my insurance.. on the negative side, the vision in my left eye (close-up) is getting worse... 4.00...

The Supervisor and I were chatting about our cute maskes and about getting ready to make some more with Christmas designs....
and so.. I want to share the discussion we had..
The Gal,, who was helping me with my glasses... she was the Supervisor in the office.
This morning she had to 2x admonish a customer to please put her mask back up over her face,,, after the 2nd request the customer said she cant breath with the mask on...the Supervisor said, I must ask you to wear your mask properly or ask you to leave,, at that point the customer threw a bit of a hissy fit.. The Supervisor explained that besides it being mandatory, and posted,, she has an employee with Auto-immune Deficiency and as the Supervisor, it is her responcibility to protect her staff... but the customer did not like being told to wear her mask, so she made a big scene and then left...

I told the Supervisor,, they did not get paid enough to have to be subjected to the kind of disrespect and meanness the deal with on a daily basis.. but Kudos to them for standing their ground.

I feel sooo terrible for both the employee and her Supervisor...
Neither of them should have been treated that way.. and shame on the customer for not showing a bit of understanding, respect...

I wear my masks proudly.. I would feel horrible if because I refused to comply,, someone, be it family, friend or stranger could become deathly ill, have life long health issues or die.. I could never forgive myself....
So I wear my mask with resect for others as well as for my own safety..

Hopefully things will calm down, and we can beat this Pandemic, but for now.. lets be kind to each other...

And that being said,, I think I will pop open a lovely bottle of wine.. and wait for "The Amazing Race" to come on tonight!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2691 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2691 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  6:48:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace, we have had similar situations out here too, I've witnessed quite a few... I don't like to have to wear a mask either, but I am, every single time I venture out. I'd rather buckle down and wear it and put covid to rest than someone else. We've had five family members (between my hubs and I) get covid and one passed away from it, so, we are taking it serious. My husband's cousin is still having lung issues, even after he's recovered from it, he's got lung damage now and continues to receive treatments and is participating in research as well. So, yes, Im with you on encouraging kindness through all this! Hugs!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  7:29:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh April my heart goes out to your families...
better to be inconveinensed (sp) for a few months then for the rest of our lives...
You guys stay healthy...
hugz

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  7:31:08 PM  Show Profile
I don't understand some people. They think their rights are being infringed upon. We went to an outdoor memorial last weekend. Fewer than 10% had masks on. I kept my distance. I always wear my mask when we are out and about, usually once a month for grocery shopping. I don't wear it for walks if no one is around but I carry it with me just in case. I see people at the store with their nose uncovered or the mask just hanging around their neck. Yes, it can be uncomfortable to breath with a mask on, especially if it is hot and/or humid, but I would rather be uncomfortable than dead, or cause someone else to be sick.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  8:00:36 PM  Show Profile
The funniest part of the "I can't breath with the mask on" is that if people wore their masks all the time they would get use to it. The students who are back in the classroom are wearing their masks and have gotten use to it with no problems. I walk, garden, shop, and a number of other tasks outside my home and I have no problem with my masks. Yes I sweat around the nose and mouth area, but it is a small price to pay. Today I read an article in the local newspaper about how the city is no longer giving warnings, they are now citing people for not wearing their masks ($100 first offense, $250 second offense and $500 third offense).

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2020 :  09:51:34 AM  Show Profile
I wear mine when going out in public. It does give me problems because of health issues, but I am not in any place long enough that I cannot wear it. I think if there is an issue such as asthma or other, then getting something from your doctor and carrying it with you is not too much of an inconvenience. In fact, those people are the very ones we are trying to protect. But, they do have to go out sometimes and so we should not assume the reason someone isn't wearing a mask is because they have an issue with their rights.
The most important thing is to be kind....to everyone.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2020 :  4:29:22 PM  Show Profile
Because I have COPD,, and no, I am not nor ever have been a smoker.. (dad was a 2 pack a day smoker and I was hospitalized with Whooping cough as an infant,, I have weakened lungs... so for my own safety as well as for the safety of others,, I wear a mask proudly.
I don't worry about wearing my mask around the house or when hubby and I head over to the lake for a walk,, we both have those 'spandex tube type masks that we wear like a neck warmer,, and when we see someone, we pull the fabric up over our nose. until we are far enough distance to push the fabric back down,, and quit frankly we have at times forgotten and continue our walk with our mask on,, No big deal.

And,, like I have said before,,, I have been saving a ton of $$ on lipstick! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2020 :  5:40:41 PM  Show Profile
My family and I always wear our masks when we go out. This is a safety issue and if everyone complied we could get this horrible pandemic to end once and for all! I have never said a word to anyone who doesn't have a mask on and I ignore anyone who makes a snide comment about us wearing ours outside. I'm not a fan of wearing a mask, but it is a simple thing to do to keep everyone safe.

Dawn in IL

"I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house. So I have spent almost all the daylight hours in the open air." Nathaniel Hawthorne
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2020 :  2:02:19 PM  Show Profile
Dawn,, Spot On!
>^..^<

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Show a little kindness... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page