4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  3:37:29 PM  Show Profile
Cute flamingo!

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  06:06:08 AM  Show Profile
Patsy and Jill, live the flamingos!!! I painted a couple but kept mine. Those are so cool!! AND tropical!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  06:11:09 AM  Show Profile
Dianna, how is your arm? How is your pain?

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  06:14:50 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh, had my emergency surgery yesterday Marilyn. Crushed. He had to put a plate and screws in. Bad last night but doing good this morning!! Pain level tolerable, a 5-6. No meds. They tear me up!! Rhank you for asking honey! This too shall pass, right? ;)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Joan
Mechanicsville Virginia
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2020 :  5:05:55 PM  Show Profile
Amy, I am mailing your ATC tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding about being late.

Take care,

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Joan
Mechanicsville Virginia
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2020 :  5:08:03 PM  Show Profile
Diana, I am so sorry to hear about your arm! I am sending prayers your way and wishes for a speedy recovery. Please take care of yourself.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2020 :  8:01:45 PM  Show Profile
You are sweet Joan! Thank you! I never say no to prayers! God works in wonderful amazing ways!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7580 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7580 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2020 :  8:58:07 PM  Show Profile
Flamingos make us think of tropical getaways.
Mine had them as well.
Fun!
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2020 :  05:53:45 AM  Show Profile
Kelly ,
Our mail has been CRAAAAAZY wacked up.....I sent yours this morning AT THE POST OFFICE ! LOL
Hope ya like and sorry a bit late
Hugs
Jami

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3440 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3440 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2020 :  2:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Jami

You have spoiled me. I adore each and every item. Plus 3 ATCs that are "oh so cute". Thank you for such a sweet gift. I love your artwork, great job.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014 & January 2019
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7580 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7580 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2020 :  3:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Feel better Dianna,

blessings
darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7580 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7580 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2020 :  3:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Patsy did you get your package yet?

I hope so.

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2020 :  06:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Darlene,
I have not received your ATC. I check my
mail box every day. Surely it will show up soon.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Joan
Mechanicsville Virginia
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2020 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile

Amy, I love all the goodies in your package and your envelope, too! Thank you so much! Hope you have a great weekend!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7580 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7580 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2020 :  2:34:28 PM  Show Profile
Boy that is slow! I hope so soon.

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2020 :  6:00:05 PM  Show Profile
Kelly,
so glad ya liked it !
Hugs,
Jami

Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2020 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Dianna,

Texas-size hugs and prayers !!!!! I have a collapsed wrist now and the only remedy is a major surgery that requires a bar/plate under skin from mid palm to 3-4" below wrist on topside of hand/arm. Which means very limited movement and no bending or turning....limited use permanantly.....surgeon said NOT something i want until absolutely necessary due to pain being unbearable. Also about a 7-8mth recovery. Its my left wrist too and I'm left handed !!! sooooooo, guess I'll see just how long I can stand pain, cortisone shots in wrist, and brace.
hope ya heal quickly !

Jami

Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2020 :  8:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Jami, I'm sorry for your wrist issues. What caused that? A fall, did you bump something?? That does sound painful! Prayers.yes I will be saying prayers for you. Hugs

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

PinkPolkadotPullet
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Amy
Darlington Maryland
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2020 :  05:12:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello, Joan,
Thanks so much for the lovely, summery ATC!! I'm going to try to post a pic in a moment. How did you make the die cut fish with your address on the back? I love your fabric collage concept and the cute little metal fish making it a mixed media project. I almost thought of trying to do a fabric atc... just need to get some fabrics with smaller sized cute images I can cut out. Yours turned out super cool!
It's neat that we both ended up adding metal embellishments to our ATCs. Great minds think alike!
Thanks again! It's so nice to get beautiful things in the mail. :-)
Take care,
Amy

"To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition." -Samuel Johnson, via Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project
Go to Top of Page

PinkPolkadotPullet
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Amy
Darlington Maryland
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2020 :  05:13:51 AM  Show Profile

"To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition." -Samuel Johnson, via Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2020 :  05:29:53 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhh, Joan, that is so PRETTY!!!
All you farmgirls are so talented in such diverse wonderful ways! I just love seeing all the tropical art!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

PinkPolkadotPullet
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Amy
Darlington Maryland
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2020 :  05:30:42 AM  Show Profile
By the way, I love everyone's ATCs pictured so far here! All of your mixed media ideas are so pretty and inspiring.
I discovered when I went to attempt the methods you all used that I didn't quite have the skills downsize my ideas, and execute them without mangling things-- to cut small cute flamingos out of felt, or make a 3-D-ish painting of my cat on the kitchen chair with real fabric tablecloth and window curtains in the background, or convert a beautiful photo of a Shenandoah landscape into a 2 x 3 watercolor version, or what have you.
So if anyone has any tips at all for ways to make the manual labor side go better, I'd love to hear them. I have a bag of ATC fails I'd love to convert to ATC successes!
Also, Patsy, how did you get the birds in the sky background white? Did you just paint around them, or cut them out and glue them on, or...? I did two watercolor ATCs similar to yours, one with a white cat on a kitchen chair that I sketched out and painted in, and one of a Shenandoah farm (foreground) and white farmhouse plus rolling blue mountains with blue sky (background), and in both cases I used rubber cement to block out the areas I wanted to keep white, as I had remembered a middle school art teacher teaching us this trick... however, it didn't quite go as planned! (Luckily Joan was super understanding about it taking me a while to get mine done.) The rubber cement tried to sink into my thick watercolor paper a bit, and rubbing it off kind of messed up the texture and the surrounding paint/sketch lines, so I ended up not using those two after all (Sorry about that, Joan-- wish it would have turned out okay and would have loved to have sent you a variety pack of ATCs!).
But I would really love to know how you did it, or how anyone else out there recommends doing it for next time. Thanks so much!
Also, does anyone have a book or website they recommend for ATC inspiration and tricks of the trade?
Muchas gracias! Merci beaucoup!
Take care, everyone!
Amy in Maryland

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2020 :  05:35:10 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Jami!! I'm so sorry, believe me!! I broke/fractured it in 3 places and 2 days later they put a titanium T and 8 screws in my wrist. He promised I wouldn't hurt in the future. It's been a week. I go in tomorrow for xrays and stitch removal. Honestly, the pain so far has been tolerable, no medication. I dont think I will set off any machines but maybe the titanium will super charge my wonder woman powers again, lol?

Please do more research. I'm so sorry about your wrist but which pain is better in the long run??

Hugs back from Alabama and thank you for the sweet comforting words!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2020 :  06:30:51 AM  Show Profile
Morning Amy!!!
You are being too hard on yourself girlfriend! There are multiple tutorials on youtube about mixed media, watercolor techniques, fabric/textile art, etc. Also pinterest of course has TONS of ideas, you could go on and on there learning from them......until you get a headache! Lol... tutorials are my go to if I want to learn something new! Incorporate them into your own ideas and wa-la, you create! Try not to be so hard on yourself! Gesso those 'mistakes' of yours and art on sweetie!! Just play and have fun. That's the idea! Fun....creative fun!! You're doing great!!! We are so happy you've joined our little group!! :D

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna

Edited by - suny58 on Aug 09 2020 06:31:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2020 :  3:16:33 PM  Show Profile
Dianna, when my hubby broke his hip the doc lot in a titanium rod. It was driven into the bone and runs from hip almost to his knee. Then every time we entered the garden center at Wal-Mart or left it set off the alarm. Funny thing Had Has a plate and screws in her head...as far as I'm aware she has never set it off.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic July 2020 ATC swap PARTNERS! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page