Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Desert Oasis Next Topic  

rockinhorse
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Robin
yucca valley Ca
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  12:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Send rockinhorse an AOL message  Send rockinhorse a Yahoo! Message
Hi Im Robin Im From Morongo Valley California Which is about 15 minutes west of Palm Springs. I am a farmgirl at heart screaming to get out. I came across maryjanes magazine by accident in the barns and noble one day and gasped with excitement for truely I found some one who loved the same things I do. When I got to this eboard and had a chance to read alot of your stories, well... wow... I felt a since of kinship. Every aspect of organic is new to me, I have an acre that Im renting for now. But while Im here I would love to start a garden (minus my bunny intruders) I have 5 chickens and 3 dog (and hoping for a goat really bad!) I am trying to find a place to learn how to spin wool and alpaca fleece. My husband and I are currently looking for at least 10 acres to move buy within the next two years. We are looking to move out of California (mostly because We have never lived any where else and we want a slower simpler life. My house hold at one time consisted of 8 children (what was I thinking?) But we are now down to 3 Thankyou for being a great farm girl community!

Edited by - rockinhorse on Jun 20 2005 10:42:04 AM

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  08:24:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin! Like many of us here, it sounds like you have finally found a place where you feel at home. Enjoy!

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

rockinhorse
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Robin
yucca valley Ca
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Send rockinhorse an AOL message  Send rockinhorse a Yahoo! Message
very very true thank you!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  12:30:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin!! I am glad you found us! To learn how to spin you could check your phone book and see if there are any guilds listed. Sometimes they are under weaving guilds..or check with yarn shops..they may know of groups, teachers or guilds in your area. I wish there were a guild here.. I am thinking of starting a group. Wish YOU lived closer..you would for sure be invited. Spinning is one of my favorite things!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

pennyfour
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  1:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello Robin:

I found MaryJane's Farm mag the same way you did...wandering through Barnes and Noble. Then I discovered this site and it's been great to read about what's going on in other farm girls' lives. My city friends just don't understand :(. Looking forward to reading about your adventures in farming. Fran
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  1:26:34 PM  Show Profile
I saw it first at BArnes and Noble too...in Provo on one of my "trips north". It was the Art of the Egg issue.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

Lindy Reilley
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lindy
Fillmore California
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  8:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Hooray for Barnes & Noble! When I found the mag. it was like a religious experiance. I wanted to share with everyone but my "cityslicker" (said in love) friends eyes just glassed over -they didn't get it. I found likeminded girls, I didn't feel alone any more-no longer a farm freak! lol
You know though, as vintage things have come back in style - I think farm girls are about ready to break thru and be the cool & hip thing.
Go to Top of Page

PJJ
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Paula
Bristow OK
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  8:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Send PJJ an AOL message
WELCOME!

pj

Paula J., with Ty, Cara, Brody, Blue, and Fidget
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  11:24:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group, Robin!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

george
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

george

17 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2005 :  12:52:08 PM  Show Profile
anyone needs info on chickens or needs chickens you can contact me i have access to a large selection of birds from egg layers to show and fancy ones thank you chicken george :o)
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Desert Oasis Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page