katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  07:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Is it just me? or is anyone else having problems with access to the MJF forum?
Of late,, I have been getting cryptic writing in black across the top of the page (mailmodesystem.cdo.)and I have been sending quite a few e-messages to MJF gals via the forum with no replies except from two.
And today, I had a dickens of a time getting in,, I kept getting a "Error 508" message and then the last 2 tries, I got a 'not available at this time' type of message..
So I went to google search and went to the MJF main page,, and everything came in wonky,, it was the page but all in lettering and now graphics, colors or logos..

I know Gabe is the go-to web page Guru,, but I know it is All Hands on Deck there at the farm.. so I thought by process of elimination I would see if anyone else has had issues,, or if it is just my system .

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day,, I in the mean time am going to have another cup of coffee.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 13 2020 07:49:30 AM

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  07:58:07 AM  Show Profile
I am not having any problem using Google Chrome. If you have more than one internet browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) try using the other one(s) to see if you are getting the same error messages and/or problems. You may even want to restart your router to reset everything on your end. Are there storms in the area that might be causing interference. There could be a number of reasons for the errors messages/problems, start with the basics and hang in there.

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz

Edited by - janamarieje on May 13 2020 07:59:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  08:19:47 AM  Show Profile
Jana,, we are in rainy/windy weather,, and the Air Force Base has been having a lot of activity (fly overs, and touch and goes )..

I asked my hubby if his computer was having issues and he said last night he had to shut down completely ,... because his was locking up..

I am going to check with our wifi provider,, to see if there are any issues on their end.

Thanx for the helpful suggestions...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  08:24:51 AM  Show Profile
Air Force Base...that says it all! My daughter lives by Lukes Air Force Base in Arizona and not only has problems with her computer but also her garage door opener. Not all the time, but a couple times a month, lasting a few days each time. Not sure if that is the reason, just saying it's worth considering. Hang in there, and remember there are also good reasons for living near a base, like watching the flights and practices coming and going.

Jana
MJF #7110

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz

Edited by - janamarieje on May 13 2020 08:27:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6919 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6919 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  09:53:06 AM  Show Profile
I haven't had problems with this site but Google Chrome doesn't work half the time. It works good from 8 a.m. to about noon then it's hit and miss from then on. I figure it's from the high usage with everyone being at home.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  11:00:39 AM  Show Profile
I too have issues with Google chrome.. works when it wants to!

Yes,, it is fun to watch the jets practice, especially in the summer.. but sometimes they fly so low,, I can tell what gender the plan is! lol!
And sometimes, my windows rattle like crazy... but on the plus side if the activity is out of the normal.. I know something is going on...
Like when the President was flown in to the base, and other big wigs, etc.. all our wifi's get wonky for the time that the planes descend and ascend ..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  11:48:35 AM  Show Profile
I have problems with a couple of the topics here on the forum; "what are you working on today" is one of them. I have to go to the "stitching and craft" and the click on the latest page (currently 260, I think) to get it to come up.

I used to live behind Mather AFB and enjoyed the free air shows daily. Lots of B-52s and big helicopters.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  5:39:19 PM  Show Profile
Judith, yep I have to do the same thing with the 'what r-u-working on today' thread,,

and now I don't seem to be receiving messages via the MJF e-mail port.

I am so computer challenged...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  7:57:54 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I won't get anything for hours (now and then a day) and then a whole lot al at once.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  8:20:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I am not having any of these problems here in Southern California and I am using Google Chrome. It sounds like the available bandwidth in your area might not be a big as in the big city.

Jana
MJF #7110

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just Me? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page