Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Urban Farmgirls selling at a craft fair...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Urban Farmgirls selling at a craft fair... Next Topic  

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2007 :  05:57:07 AM  Show Profile
The Urban Farmgirls are planning to sell our handmades together at the big "No Coast Craft-o-Rama" in December (not your Grandma's craft fair...) and were wondering about the use of our name. Is it okay for us to use the Urban Farmgirls name or do we need to reference MJF in some way? We don't want to get too crazy with signage, since we'll already be six crafters crammed into one table.

Can someone at the Farm let me know if there is anything else we need to consider about our connections to MJF? For tax purposes, we'll be individual sellers with our own tax-IDs. Just planning to use the Urban Farmgirls name to connect everyone.

Thanks!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  9:55:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Catherine! I'm checking into this one with MJF -- I'll get back with ya' when I know more! It sounds like SOOOOooo much fun.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  10:11:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi, there, Catherine! Carol at the Farm said that she could make you all a really cute little card to give away that says on one side "Farmgirl is a Condition of the Heart" and then on the other side "What's a Farmgirl? Then an explanation, then "visit with other farmgirls online at ...". Would you be interested in having those cards in your booth? You'd meet more farmgirls, and the farmgirls would learn about MaryJanesFarm!

We could, of course, send these cards out to any chapters who want them - so, farmgirls, just let me know!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  10:50:27 AM  Show Profile
Libbie, our chapter (Clark County Farmgirls) is having a sale 3/31. Would you give us some cards to hand out? Thanks!!

Love,
Patricia

Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

hotmamawillie
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Gail
Mount Airy Maryland
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  11:42:28 AM  Show Profile
I also would love to have the "farmgirl" cards to hand out. The Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival will be held on May 5&6th at the Howard County Fairgrounds, West Friendship, MD. My husband & I have a booth were he sells hand carved farm signs and I sell my raw fleece, yarn and my yearly Leicester Longwool Sheep.
My chapter is still looking for members--so I thought this would be a great time to let everyone know MaryJanes Farm Farmgirls!!!
Please check out the web site for the MD Sheep & Wool Festival <www.sheepandwool.org>
Hope to meet other farmgirls at the Festival!
If anyone is interested in starting there own flock of Leicester Longwool Sheep--I will be lambing this week!!! The lambs will be ready for new homes in August or September.

Gail Willie
Mt. Airy, MD
FarmHeartFarmChick
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  10:48:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Patricia -- we have our own Clark County Farmgirl cards that Linda did for the Christmas Bazaar. It talks about what a farmgirl is on the front with our pink truck logo. Then on the back it gives our chapter info, phone numbers, and MJF website.

Catherine -- when we had our booth at Farm Fair we used our farmgirls chapter name -- Clark County Farmgirls. That is what we use when we have any of our sales. Right now we are doing them 3 times a year -- Spring, Fall, and Christmas. We sell spaces to local crafts people and artisans to promote their businesses and sell their sares. But we also stress that the Farmgirls are a service organization that helps to promote women's businesses by holding our sales and then we also have some type of fundraiser for a local charity.

www.annarosetta.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  11:08:44 AM  Show Profile
Kay - oh. I'm NEW, OK? Sheesh. Just trying to help....Grumble, mumble, snacka, fracka corn chips......

Edited by - Utahfarmgirl on Mar 22 2007 11:09:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  10:20:21 PM  Show Profile
P -- be nice or I won't share any cards for you to pass out!!

www.annarosetta.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  11:49:22 AM  Show Profile
OK, I'll just pass out on my own then. (giggle) Can't wait. See you soon!

Love,
moi

Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  12:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Okay, gals, I've come up with a cute little "What's a Farmgirl?" card for you to hand out at your craft booths (front of card on the right; back on the left). If you're a Farmgirl Chapter and would like some of these cards for your next chapter project, just let me know.

Smiles,
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  1:03:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, please! Thanks for pulling this together, Carol. It's fantastic! I'll send you my addy now. Thanks!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Carol,
I'd love to get some from you also. I'm participating in an event called "Healthy Lifestyle '07" on April 14. The highlights include: demonstrations on the hour, sustainable living and design, local organic farms, health and wellness, organic food and cooking, all natural cleaning products, etc. I'll have a booth for Forrester Farm and would love to promote MJF too! Donations are accepted to support Mixed Greens (www.mixedgreens.org). I'm excited to be a part of it.
Ann
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Urban Farmgirls selling at a craft fair... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page