Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 It took 50 years to realize my dreams!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic It took 50 years to realize my dreams!!! Next Topic  

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  12:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow, I am turning 50 this year and the past year has been the greatest ever. We have gotten our farm up and running and life has never been better. As you all know, it isn't always roses and sunshine, but in the end it is always worth the time and effort. As you all know, life on the farm has it's own rhythm....From sun-up til sun-down life beats along...and it is something you can count on and hang on to. We are miles away from suburbia (where I spent my first 50 years) and some days I talk only to animals. But I can truly say I am happier than I have ever been!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Bee Haven Farmstead

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  1:08:26 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! It sounds like you're having a really time.

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

Now Open!: http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  1:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Beverly,

I turned 56 today and I am still waiting for my five acres at the edge of town. Lol. But I am so grateful for what I do have and for all of the farmgirls who keep my dream alive.

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  1:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Patsy....keep the vision. You have the ability to move mountains....or at least a little soil. Keep dirt beneath your fingernails...wherever you are!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Bee Haven Farmstead
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  2:19:57 PM  Show Profile
You know the saying, "bloom where you're planted"? It works! Much happiness to you both. Susan
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  2:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
YIPEEE!!! Happy dance for Beverly!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  2:33:45 PM  Show Profile
CONGRATULATIONS!!
So glad to hear that bit of happy news......may each year just keep getting better & better.
Farm on!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  7:46:03 PM  Show Profile
congrats on your farm Beverly, Im glad your living your dream. Patsy, happy birthday & don;t give up. Im 55 & still waiting also but it will be worth it!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  8:56:48 PM  Show Profile
Beverly, thats just awesome!!! I'm so happy for you! Patsy, Happy Birthday to you!!
~~Blessings, Mikki

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  06:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
I am so thrilled for you!!! I get so excited when I hear about others who have been able to see their dreams come true!! Please keep sharing all your adventures and triumps for those of us who our learning and working our way there! I wish you the very best!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  06:49:49 AM  Show Profile
I am so happy for you Beverly!
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  09:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh congrats to you! Absolutely, wonderful!

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  10:21:28 AM  Show Profile
So happy for you . . . I am 43, almost 44, so I guess it can still happen. Just need to keep up the faith. Thanks for sharing . . . it is an encouragement to those of us still on the other side of the dream!

Hugs and blessings!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  2:35:51 PM  Show Profile
It is wonderful that you have finally realized your dream! Fifty is young.........or at least I think it is. I am 45 and I am not far behind you! Anyway you are as you as you are in your heart and soul!

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  3:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
To Shelle..... I am as I have always been....age does not seem to be a factor....at least not yet. I will always be young at heart and ready to take on any adventure. The farm has truly been that...an adventure. Thanks all for your blessings!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Bee Haven Farmstead
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  6:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think that it is great that you have what you have been dreaming of. I see my life in front of me and where I want to go- and I know it will take time to realize my dreams and goals. I am so glad that you never gave up on yours! I hope I am as steadfast as you in working towards getting my dreams realized!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  10:51:58 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Bev, dreams can come true at any age. I will be 55 this May and my dream of my rural piece of land just came true this past December. I'm so happy for you. Here's to our next 50!!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic It took 50 years to realize my dreams!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page