Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Skirt with drawstring back
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Skirt with drawstring back Next Topic  

farmkitty
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Angela
Anderson South Carolina
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  05:58:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I found this really cute bustle back , drawstring skirt on www.sewfastseweasy.com and I really don't want to pay 12.00 and s/h for i t. I would appreciate tips on how ya'll think I could wing it!! TIA, Angela

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  07:20:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh, my really cute.....I think I know exactly how that is done! Just pull all of the gathering to the back. This will give you a natural bustle! you could enhance the bustle by gathering the fabric before adding your casing!! Then when you put in your casing, when you do the casing to the back and pull to your waist size....voila' bustle back skirt!! Oooooo I'm going to have to try this one!!

Great site by the way! oh, and Farmkitty, I don't always make it over to the welcome wagon, so Welcome!!
Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  1:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
How funny...I was just thinking about making a skirt like this a few days ago. I love old timey styles! I had not thought of using a drawstring to make the bustle. I was going to make a flat front waist band with an elastic back...the drawstring would be much easier. Let us see how it turns out!

Trina

'
Of all the things I have created, my children are the best.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  1:42:55 PM  Show Profile
Trina, be sure to post it when you are done!! I've got a few styles going round in my head that I'm trying to work out too.
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Skirt with drawstring back Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page