Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Does anyone collect old quilts here?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Does anyone collect old quilts here? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  10:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Aunt Jenny, my grandaughter turns 3 tomorrow also!!!Her older sister turned 4 today! They are the best thing in whole world aren't they?
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  11:13:56 PM  Show Profile
they sure are!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  6:11:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls!

Cindylou had to dash out early, and she asked if I would post this letter from her. ~Carol

The Farmgirl Posse Rides Again!!
Clare, in her moderator capacity, myself, MaryJane, and Carol are developing an upgrade to the features on our forum.

We love the projects that are exploding on the forum! You fabulous farmgirls are participating in mail art, making blankets for the needy, creating mail art, aprons, quilts, and dolls that travel. You are tireless in your efforts to give of yourselves to others.

I have a lot of experience in organizing round robins, since I organized the travels of the Premiere magazine and journal. Thirty worn copies of the Premiere magazine have traveled to over 450 farmgirls at heart along with journals that came back fabulously and elaborately decorated. It took bundles of time and organization. I’m pleased as punch to call projects like that part of my “job”!!

Now if I coordinated the travels of the traveling Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls, they could return to the farm after visiting say 8-10 farmgirls. They’ll have lots of new clothes, accessories and stories by then. Carol and MaryJane will take pictures to post so you can all see the dolls. Some of the pictures might even show up in upcoming magazines. Typical of girls, the dolls will need new wardrobes fairly often, so after they’ve rested and recuperated ~ tee hee~ I’ll send them out again pronto. As I learned with the Premiere Tour, it’s a lot of tracking and nudging to keep things traveling along. I can plan for the dolls to return for Farm Fair next July so you can visit them when you come.

We’ve noticed that several new farmgirls on the forum are feeling lost because some of the conversations are quite lengthy. They can’t easily find a central spot to sign up for any of the projects that are going on. Nothing confuses and discourages farmgirls like chaos! MaryJane has gone to great effort and expense to create the Forum and I know you all appreciate it. We’d like to keep MaryJane-related adventures right here on the Farmgirl Connection Forum and not send our farmgirls off to other websites; it just gets too confusing.

We want to tie some secure “apron strings” around the mail lists by having them originate from the farm in order to protect everyone and their information. We’ll organize a master list for each wonderful, bright, and original “traveling” and “exchange” venue that is created.

Soon we’ll gather up all the lists. You’ll be able to sign up on whichever lists suit your fancy. In the near future you’ll simply e-mail ~ quilts@maryjanesfarm.org, dolls@maryjanesfarm.org, buttons@maryjanesfarm.org, aprons@maryjanesfarm.org, mailart@maryjanesfarm.org, birthdays@maryjanesfarm.org, books@maryjanesfarm.org, etc. Then we’ll e-mail back to ask a few pertinent questions and get your address and phone number. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativeness and leave the “worries” to us! We have the technical experience at working out the “bugs” on mail lists and organizing “traveling” journals, etc.

Thanks for your understanding, farmgirls and guys! Watch for more details soon.

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Nikki
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nikki
Ohio
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  11:05:53 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Such wonderful stories are wrapped in quilts!

An older gal pal gave me a quilt top that her mother had made about thirty years ago. My galpal doesn't sew, and didn't have a use for it so she offered it to me and I GLADLY accepted! It is made of just a simple array of blocks approx 4" squared, and is HUGE - but the bad thing is that somewhere along the line, betadine was spilt on various parts of it. :(

Anywho, just reading this thread has given me a wonderful idea!!! I should make a tree skirt from it to place under our Christmas Tree!!! If any of the betadine spots show up in the section that I cut - I could always applique a stitchery over that section!!! :)

Thank you so much for the idea!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Does anyone collect old quilts here? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page