Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  12:50:18 PM  Show Profile
Only 15 more days till Spring!! Yippee!!!! I'm doing back flips, well not really, but mentally. It seems like Spring is already here today, sunny and in the 60's. I love it!! Guess it's time to start some mater plants indoors, even tho the rule of thumb around here is to wait and plant outdoors after Mother's day. I just gotta go plant something!! Anybody else feelin it??? Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  2:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I Do!! I do! But here spring is just a state of mind...not anything to do with the calandar. but on a happier note, I have begun the plants that want to be started 12 weeks before last frost. I have a schedule for the plants and have turned the spare room into a greenhouse of sorts. I can think spring for sure.YAAAAYYY!

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  8:47:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey LU! I just got back from Daytona Beach and I am so glad that we are having warmer weather now! I so want to plant something too, and my special Farmgirl friend LU mailed me some seeds that I just cant wait to plant. Thank you for sending them. So sweet of you to think of me!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  2:18:41 PM  Show Profile
I'm so happy to see you back Jaime! I've missed you. Can you believe it, It's 80 degrees here today? The farm is a flurry of activity cause it's PLANTIN TIME!!! Yippee!! We all made it through that horrid winter!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  5:04:25 PM  Show Profile
70 yesterday and 70 today,suppose to rain tonight. Have already started my tomotoes inside. Another week or so and I will turn the raised beds in the garden and see about planting some lettuce. Daffodils just started blooming. Beautiful out, can already hear lawn mowers going in the neighborhood.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

beckels
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

becky
warrington pa
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2007 :  2:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Well spring has officially arrived in Warrington, Pa. Dad started the john deere and took it for a drive around the yard. And my tulips,crocuses and daffoills are coming up

beckels
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2007 :  2:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Well over 70 here today and the weather is just beautiful. I have to stop myself from planting. I know we will have more days of frost and freezing. This is just a teaser.

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Spring Countdown!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page