Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 Using Search does not work for me -- help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic Using Search does not work for me -- help Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  08:08:03 AM  Show Profile
Before I posted about The Secret, I did a search and nothing showed up. Today, I was trying to find the Shampoo Free thread and searched. Again, I got a no matches message.

I typed in Shampoo, shampoo.
Tried in the title and in the entire message.
Tried every date option available.

NO matches. Yet there was the thread, after I searched "manually" through every subgroup available. What am I doing wrong.

I hate starting a thread and then someone pointing out there's already been one. It looks like I'm too lazy to look, but I have looked! HELP!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  08:11:27 AM  Show Profile
I ususally start with the active topics. I think someone put the link to the original thread about the secret in the most current topic.

If I know the name of someone who posted on the thread you are looking for, that sometimes helps.

Blessed Be!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
http://chevy49girl.livejournal.com/
http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://chevy49girl.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  11:59:19 AM  Show Profile
I always start with the active topics, too, but nobody had posted on the shampoo thread since I was online last night, so that thread didn't come up under active. So I searched for it, since I couldn't remember what "room" the Shampoo Free thread was in.

I'm finding, over & over, that the Search option does not work for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  12:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
sounds like most of your searches are to big and time out.
I did a search title only, in last 14 days only, this is what I got
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7725&SearchTerms=shampoo
have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com

Edited by - sunshine on Mar 05 2007 10:17:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  12:11:03 PM  Show Profile
That can't be it. I tried Shampoo and did every single date option, from the longest to the shortest. I tried Shampoo in the title only for the shortest time option and got "No Matches". I checked my spelling, had my dd check my typing, and still got no matches. It must be something on my end. Oh well. Thanks for the help -- I appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  9:36:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Patti! I just tried the search for "shampoo" using the "subject line" option under the "Search In" area. It came up pretty quickly. Have you tried that yet? That might be helpful...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  10:12:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Patti.
We've tested this function here and even had our tech support team look into it, and we're not currently experiencing any problems with the search function. If you don't restrict your search to a recent time period, it will take several minutes to search through every word of every post, though, and that can take a long time. Your computer or even your ISP might be set to "time out" after so long, so that could be the problem on your end. If you need to search, you might try just searching in just one topic, or just in one field, or just in a recent time period.

Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  11:39:30 AM  Show Profile
Carol, I restricted it to the shortest time possible and it came back "no matches". It's not timing out, so it must be something on my end. It's no big deal. Like I said before, I feel silly when I post something and someone says "There's already been a thread here just a few days ago . . ." It makes me fear they think I was too lazy to search.

I tried again last night with dh standing right there, using a keyword from one of my own posts and a different thread came up, but not mine. And mine was more recent. Go figure.

Go to Top of Page

Rosenwalt
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Rose Marie
NY
77 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  4:00:50 PM  Show Profile
I am also having trouble with the search. I used to get things just fine but now I can't. I typed in "chickens". It came back and said none found. I know it's not my time out. Wassup?

Rose Marie,
Central New York

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  4:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Rose Marie, while I'm sorry you're having problems, I'm relieved to know I'm not alone. I used search a few months ago and it worked fine; now when I try to use it, sometimes it works but most of the time it says "no matches". After using keywords of my own title and knowing exactly when it posted and it not showing up in a search, I've given up. Good luck!

Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  09:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rose Marie.
I'll have you try the same thing that I had Patti do: try just searching in just one topic, or just in one field, or just in a recent time period, and see what happens. Then tell me specifically what you searched for and we'll look into it further.
Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  05:58:30 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, all! I noticed that you have to pick a forum to search under - my guess is that if it was set to something like "Welcome Wagon" and the search was for "chickens," you might not get anything back - be sure to check where the search is set to! That just happened to me, and I was thinking that might be happening to you gals as well. I hope this helps!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Using Search does not work for me -- help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page