Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 To Chutney or not to chutney? That is ....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic To Chutney or not to chutney? That is .... Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  6:31:15 PM  Show Profile
the question! I was looking at www.Countrylife.net ( a really interesting "offshoot" of the Lehman's catalog and there is an article "Chutney: All Weather Condiment". There are recipes for Major Grey's Mango, Green tomato, Lively Mint and Cilantro, Date and Prune, Apricot and Cranberry chutneys. There are even directions to make Garam Masala! (Indian spice mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon,cumin,black pepper)
So if that pork loin is looking kind of naked; chutney away!

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Mar 05 2007 09:58:21 AM

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  1:53:49 PM  Show Profile
Great link!!!!
I love chutney--living in England either makes you hate it or love it.

I was thinking of making pork tenderloin cubano for Sunday dinner (with black beans and rice), but maybe I will Major Grey it...have some handy in the cupboard.

Thanks!!!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  2:31:39 PM  Show Profile
You know, I don't think I have ever had chutney..it always sounds so fun and exotic. I have meant to make some for years...I really should..sounds just wonderful..as does the pork tenderlin cubano...yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do have a pork tenderloin in the freezer too..hmmmm...sounds like it will be on the menu this next week...my mouth is watering!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  3:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh, thanks for the reminder. I canned some cranberry chutney this fall. I think we're ready for turkey sandwiches again...

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic To Chutney or not to chutney? That is .... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page