Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Greetings from Northern Cali.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Greetings from Northern Cali. Next Topic  

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  12:22:21 PM  Show Profile
I'm so happy to find this little community tucked away in a cozy corner of the net. My husband and I live in Humboltd county, we are both city bred but our hearts are in the country. I grew up around Philadelphia and he in Los Angeles. Last Janurauary we finally escaped the city and moved up north. We have a tiny, little piece of land but we grow the heck out of it, it sure beats our city apartment in LA. When school is over we're going to begin the first step to getting our farm, were going to join up with the WOOF organization and start learning what it is to be an organic farmer. We're starting from scratch here but thats the way we like to do things.
We are artists and scienists and we love to teach. I study Holistic Nutriton and would love to talk to anyone about anything regarding the subject and will research anything that i don't have an answer to. My husband, Andrew (We call him the Professor, Dr. Bunsen, he studies everything), he is an amazning teacher,artist and webdesigner. We make alll kinds of stuff from soaps and creams to windchimes, we love trading and we love advise from people who have done it. I'm ready lets chat. Blessed Be to all!
ps
we are trying to get a profolio together of all other digital art. If anyone would like a home page design for them totally free please let me know, the more experience we get the better our profolio will be.

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  1:59:52 PM  Show Profile
You sound great Melissa!! No. Calif. is so pretty..my oldest son and his wife lived in Ft. Bragg for a couple years and I loved it up there!
I am glad you found our little family..you sound like a kindred spririt..welcome!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  2:00:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melissa and welcome. This is a wonderful site filled with all kinds of information. What is the WOOF organization? (world of organic farming??) I'd be interested in knowing. Sounds like you are off on a great start. Im studing holistic healing , mostly on my own & a few courses, I love it. Enjoy browsing the site. Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  2:54:11 PM  Show Profile
The WOOF Organization stands for Willing Worker On Organic Farms, I suppose I should have explained. Thanks for a warm welcome!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  5:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melissa!

My aunt lives in No. Cal, in Eureka. It really is pretty up there. I grew up in Madera (near Fresno), but now we've found our forever home in Wisconsin :) Welcome to the group!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Greetings from Northern Cali. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page