Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 How to find like-minded farmgals for Chapter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic How to find like-minded farmgals for Chapter Next Topic  

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  06:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I am waiting for my chapter packet from Mary Jane, but was wondering how everyone got their members together for their chapter? Did you advertise or just word of mouth? I am really interested in getting a great chapter going, but just am not sure how. I don't know a lot of like-minded gals, but would like to find out where they are all hiding and get them together ! I would appreciate any stories or ideas because it sounds like there are some great chapters out there!
Thanks,
Cheryl

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  11:26:19 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, Cheryl! Nance (temporarily) in France here!! Saw your post in the Faraway Farmgirls thread about joining up with us, and hope you do! We do have at least one other totally awesome farmgal pal in Colorado, Grace, so if she sees this thread, maybe you two can hook up and get something started! Anyway, good luck and I look forward to getting to know you. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  11:39:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Nance, I have "spoken" with Grace on one of the other threads, I hope to meet her this summer when I go to the Renaissance Festival in her town. I have happily join the Far Flung Farmgirls. This is such a great place! I look forward to getting to know everyone!
BB,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  3:44:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cheryl. My friends and I just started our own chapter, also. There are 5 of us and we have not received our packet yet either. But, we know several other gals who like gardening, sewing, canning, crafts and so on and we are inviting them to join us and they will likely know others who would like to join. Word of mouth is usually the fastest way to get the word out. You could also make posters and put them around town, though I don't know how big Loveland is - our town is only 450 people - so that works well here. If your town is really big, maybe just put them up in your neighborhood. Anyway, have fun.

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2007 :  06:20:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the poster idea. I know of a couple of book shops and such that I could put them up on their bulletin boards. Loveland is a pretty large city 60,000+, so I am sure that I will get some response with the posters. I just got my stuff in the mail yesterday, I am so excited!
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  9:59:01 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl - and all you gals! - here's a link to a past thread that had some really good ideas, too: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5297.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2007 :  06:20:11 AM  Show Profile

Thanks for the link Libby. I checked it out and got some ideas now I just need to get the time to get out there and do them.
BB,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  7:33:50 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl, did anything come of this?

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  9:23:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bonne-
Sorry, I just noticed this post. I can't get on here as much as I'd like to. I haven't made any headway on getting members in this area, but I noticed another farmgirl started a chapter in Loveland recently so I have contacted her to see if we could combine chapters or something. I would love to get involved more, but haven't had the time to organize anything due to my new job. I am also currently hunting for a job more suited to my needs.
Naturecraft
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic How to find like-minded farmgals for Chapter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page