Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  1:06:03 PM  Show Profile
I guess if you're in the central US you're in for a big storm this weekend. We're in the north and its starting to snow now and isn't expected to let up until late Monday.
UGH...will it ever be spring???

Jana

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  1:21:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh boy! We're in Kenosha Jana and it hasnt started to snow yet, but the temp has dropped dramatically in the last few hours. We're supposed to get slammed with a pretty good winter storm I understand 12 inches or so?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

Visit me anytime at my blog:
www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  1:42:22 PM  Show Profile
For the past two days, here in Mississippi, it has been beautiful. The weather is suppose to turn real ugly tomorrow. What is so scary is that on Feburary 24, 2001 we had a f4 tornado to come through here and kill 6 people. 4 of those people was one street up from me. Our house was in its path and my sister lost her house and my parents lost theirs. Everyone here is on pins and needles. Its the ann. of the tornado and now they are saying we could have serve weather. Just keep us and everyone else in its path in your prayers, please.
Thanks,
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
3barrels,2hearts,1passion
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  3:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Jana and Eren, that snow is supposed to be heavy and WET and is stopping by here first! Our temps are just around 33 right now, so who knows what will be falling from the sky tonight. The winter storm warning starts tonight at midnight and goes through Sunday night. Just went to the Co-op to stock up on milk and other food, just in case it's too gross to go out tomorrow! I've got my knitting...wouldn't mind a snow day!

(Though it is weird that we already had a thaw this week and I was able to walk around one of the neighborhood lakes with the stroller!)

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  4:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Down here in my part of the midwest -- SE Missouri -- we're supposed to get quite a bit of heavy rain. Yech!! I wouldn't mind if had a lawn, but we're right in the middle of a large patch of bare ground and our driveway has had so many heavy trucks and rain already that it's a mess. I'd prefer the snow!

Keep safe, everyone!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  06:33:22 AM  Show Profile
Woke up this morning to a high of 60. It's cloudy and already started thoundering. Still saying that this afternoon and into the night the weather could turn real ugly.
Laura
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  07:18:18 AM  Show Profile
I am in east central Illinois and the snow is supposed to go just north of us. Which means.....we will probably get some freezing rain out of it. Great...just great. Lol. We are supposed to get alot of rain though...about 2 inches in one day which is quite a bit. We don't need it either. The ground is saturated and water is standing on it now after the snow melt.

Blessed are those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  08:07:55 AM  Show Profile
MY dh had the weather channel on at 5:00 am this morning (grrrr...). He is headed off to the job site to "tighten up" before the next 5 days of snow, sleet and rain hit us here on the East Coast. Guess we will be getting the other end of the storm headed all of your way.
Stock up, stay safe and warm! Good time for stitching!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1806 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1806 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  12:29:39 PM  Show Profile
I am in central Iowa and we are having a major sleet and ice storm right now at 2:30 in the afternoon. Later we are supposed to get several inches of snow. Guess winter is still here.
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  2:54:55 PM  Show Profile
It's on its way. The storms have just crossed the MS river. From looking at the radar, we are in far a rough ride. Hope our farm girl sisters in Arknsas is doing fine. They have had some bad weather. It should reach here about 6 or 7.
Laura
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Storm's Coming! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page