Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Do any of you belong to a spinning circle?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Do any of you belong to a spinning circle? Next Topic  

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  06:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
It may not completly apply to crafting, but you ladies are just so flexible There are several in my area and I was thinking of joining one.

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  06:54:24 AM  Show Profile
birdi, I was just looking into the same thing. I wanted to find someone willing to teach me in my area. Seems like fun!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2007 :  02:59:05 AM  Show Profile
I was in a spinning group here for a while (until my little boy became a bit too mobile to be contained and kept out of mischief!!) I just rang them up to ask if they had any sort of lessons, as I was (still am!) a total beginner. And they were so lovely - they just let me come along every week and everyone would help me out at different times. For Ben, it was like having a whole lot of extra grandmothers (I was the youngest by about 25 years!) It was great fun, and I hope to go back as it is great just to have some crafty friends to chat with.
Good luck with your search,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Somerhill
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Lisa
Caldwell OH
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2007 :  07:45:10 AM  Show Profile
I am a member of two spinning guilds. I highly recommend them! There is something about meeting once a month with people of a kindred spirit to share and encourage oneanother (and yes, sometimes shame eachother into finished a project - haha) Most guilds are happy - in fact, highly motivated - to teach new spinners, including allowing them to try out a variety of wheels. Some even have equipment to rent/borrow.

Megan, I know some people in your area who spin. I used to live near Somerset, and was a member of a group that met in Granville and Newark. Elaine Boaz lives just outside town on Hankinson Rd. She is a teacher, a long time spinner/weaver/knitter, and is a member of that group that spins together. It was often held at her home. You could also ask at the yarn shop there in town for names, too.
Lisa at Somerhill
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Do any of you belong to a spinning circle? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page