Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 ANY KICTHEN WITH THE OLD PORCELAIN SINK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic ANY KICTHEN WITH THE OLD PORCELAIN SINK Next Topic  

farmer miller
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

dennis
ST.JOSEPH MO.
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  05:16:44 AM  Show Profile
I LOOK FOR 2 YEARS FOR A 54 INCH FARM SINK.IF I DID FIND ONE IT WAS TO FAR AWAY.NOW I HAVE A PORCELAIN DRY SINK,USE A KICTHEN HAND PUMP WITH IT.

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2007 :  06:44:59 AM  Show Profile
WOW! Pumping with a hand pump sounds like a lot of work! How is it working out for you? I have a real old porcelain farm sink - complete with pitts and marks and all - and I love it. It's fairly shallow, but has drain boards on both sides, which I love. I was just thinking about this post this morning -- how do you empty a dry sink? Does it have a drain, or is it like a big square bowl?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I used my old sink in my laundry room. It is really not that old stamped 1959. It is one with dish drainers on each side and a somewhat shallow single sink. But boy does it come in handy for washing your delicates, those big pans from cooking for family dinners ect.. I found my sink at St. Vinnies for $25 complete with faucet that works wonderful. The only draw back was one of our construction guys drop something on it and cracked the porclean in one spot. RRRRRRR! But I love it. We have tried very hard to turn our 2006 model home into a 40's 50's home once you step inside.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic ANY KICTHEN WITH THE OLD PORCELAIN SINK Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page