willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  07:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Below is the press release regarding the Peter Pan and Great Value brand peanut butter recall. We had some of this recalled peanut butter on our shelf so you may want to check yours!

ConAgra Foods announced Wednesday that it has taken the precautionary measure of voluntarily recalling all varieties of Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Great Value Peanut Butter beginning with product code 2111 imprinted on the lid of both brands. ConAgra Foods is working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to investigate a statistical report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that these products may be linked to the foodborne illness salmonella.

While this affects Great Value Peanut Butter beginning with product code 2111, there are other manufacturers of Great Value Peanut Butter that are not affected by this recall.

"Although none of our extensive product tests have indicated the presence of salmonella, we are taking this precautionary measure because consumer health and safety is our top priority," said Chris Kircher, spokesperson for ConAgra Foods. "We are working closely with the FDA to better understand its concerns, and we will take whatever additional measures are needed to ensure the safety, quality and wholesomeness of our products."

If consumers have this product, they should discard it, but save the product lid. For a full refund, consumers must return the Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value Peanut Butter product lid along with their name and mailing address to ConAgra Foods, P.O. Box 3768, Omaha, NE 68103.

Consumers with questions or concerns about the recall can call the 24-hour toll-free hotline at 866-344-6970. For more information about salmonella, click on the link to your right.

ConAgra Foods Inc. is one of North America's leading packaged food companies, serving grocery retailers, as well as restaurants and other foodservice establishments. Popular ConAgra Foods consumer brands include: Banquet, Chef Boyardee, Egg Beaters, Healthy Choice, Hebrew National, Hunt's, Marie Callender's, Orville Redenbacher's, PAM, and many others. For more information on ConAgra Foods, click on the link to the right.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  11:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Great Value is the Wal Mart peanut butter and I bet some people who read and post here may have some. We became aware of that when doing the food pantry last night at church. We felt bad, we had a family come in for some supplies and we couldn't give them the pb someone had donated. Thanks Julie! I meant to post the recall this morning and forgot!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  3:45:35 PM  Show Profile
We had a jar also-and it's 3/4 of the way empty!!! I guess it must not be all contaminated, because everyone in my house has been fine. We did throw out what was left, just in case.

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  4:47:46 PM  Show Profile
I had the "flu" a while back and I am 99% sure that I had had some of the peanut butter the night before. I don't eat peanut butter very often and I don't get sick like that very often so it stood out in my mind!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  5:27:40 PM  Show Profile
I eat peanut butter all the time (for breakfast on the go..a slice of homemade bread with peanut butter can't be beat!) and ran to the cellar to check my stores..none of those brands..whew!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  06:43:25 AM  Show Profile
We had a huge jar of Peter pan on the shelf with the 2111 stamped on top. I don't usually buy it, but it was on sale, etc. Grrrrrrr. We had only just opened it,and no sickness here-but in the trash it went. What a waste!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  08:35:51 AM  Show Profile
My mother had the stomach flu(or so that was what we thought) until we seen the recall and she said she had a peanut butter sandwich the night before. Could have been the stomach flu for it is going around. You know to save your tops and you will be reimbursed? I had two jars and my sisters had some.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  10:31:12 PM  Show Profile
I also had two jars that got recalled. One of reduced fat Peter Pan and one Great Value. Hubby and I both have had a couple of bouts of diarrhea over the last month but I didn think too much about it. Now it makes me wonder if it was the peanut butter. I threw my jars away. They were both all but empty anyway. Thank goodness neither one of us got as sick as some did.

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Peanut Butter Recall Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page